Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switching from PAYG to PAYM K3770 USB Dongle

pauliell
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there, I recently purchased a K3770 dongle from Tesco, it came with a couple of 250Mb top ups.

I find the service great and am looking to convert to pay monthly.  Do I need any different software to allow this to work or do I simply put the new PAYM SIM in place of the PAYG one

Thanks for any advice

6 REPLIES 6

RupertTheFridge
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

don't think you can get a SIM only data contract, only one with calls and text and not much data.. You can get a 30 day contract, its £9 for a dongle then £15 per month for 2Mb data

Hey pauliell,

Thanks for joining our eForum and a great question. Big thanks for RupertTheFridge, for the help too. :smileytongue:

You will need a new dongle, though we have some great offers.

I’ve sent you an email. If you need any help with this, just reply and one of the team will be happy to give you a call.

Cheers

Ian

Web Relations Team

Can I ask why a new dongle is needed?

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

You sure can, and it’s a very simple answer.:)

There’s no SIM free option to take out a data only tariff. All the contract data options be them a standard contract or 30 day contract are all supplied with a new dongle.

Also, as with a PAYT handset, the PAYT dongles need to be unlocked before they will work with a contract SIM.

Trev

If you go into a store and ask for the sim without a dongle it can be done without a dongle :Smiling:

Why wouldn't they do it - they don't have to give away any free/discounted equipment, so better for them and you.

And Trev - Vodafone PAYG dongles most definitely do not need to be unlocked to use them with a Vodafone contract sim... only the APN connection settings need to be changed and the VF software even includes an option to change the account type within the menu's

Did I help? Then click my Star - Is it Solved? Press the 'Accept as Solution'

I used my Contract Sim in a PAYG dongle and didn't change anything when my original dongle stopped working.  It was recognised straight away.

I took the old dongle back to store and they sent it away for repair but they would not give me another in the meantime.  Took them 10 days to get one back to me which would have left me without BB.  I was lucky I had bought a spare everlasting Sim/dongle so just popped the old Sim in.

Ian