You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
mumbles27

Tethered Iphone And Data Plans

Hi Forum

Do the iPhone data plans have included in them tethered data? or will i pay extra if on an special iphone plan and i tether the iphone to my laptop?
Message 1 of 6 (2,563 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Jon_V

Hi Mumbles27,

Tethering is not included in your 1GB allowance.

Tethering will cost £5 per 500MB used - however, you can elect to have special Tethering bundles added if you need to increase this allowance. You can get 1.5GB for £10 and 3GB for £15 a month. On both of these bundles, there is an out-of-bundle charge of £5 per 500MB should you exceed the limit.

I trust this helps, and if you have a spare moment, please take some time to fill in a short survey about your forum experience today.

Jon

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? click here
Message 2 of 6 (2,563 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
mumbles27

so thats £5 per 500MB so if i used 501MB i would be charged £10? assuming all these prices need VAT plussing on?

and whats the situation with replacement iPhones if and when they go wrong? i hear other people, i think O2, have to pay a £50 surcharge to get phones fixed or replaced? This may not be true, but is there anything like this with Voda?
Message 3 of 6 (2,563 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Martin

Hi mumbles27

There are 2 packs that are available for tethering, 1.5GB for £10 and 3GB for £15. When either bundle has been used a charge of £5 per 500MB is then charged. One of these packs needs to be added to your account for the tethering to work on the phone itself.

Within the first 12 months if you have a faulty handset this would be sent away for repair, this is the same as the Apple warranty on the handset, where there is no cost if it is within the warranty guidelines, after the first 12 months you can purchase Apple Care for £55, this gives you another 12 months warranty.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Martin
eForum Team
Message 4 of 6 (2,563 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Vinny iPhone

Hi - how do you go about adding Tethering to your iPhone price plan then. Is there a number to ring etc?

I have searched the vodafone website and found links only to the e-forums and this in thread in particular.

Amazingly, I am currently sat in a hotel bed with my Mac, Bluetooth connected to the iPhone tethering and typing this email. So there must be a way around it because I don't have tethering just now!

Cheers
Message 5 of 6 (2,563 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi Vinny iPhone

Thanks for your post here.

You can call 191 direct from your handset to get tethering added to your account. :)

I'm not entirely sure why you are able to tether at the moment but what I can say is that you 1GB usage will be used alot faster using it with a PC. I would still get tethering added to make sure you do not encur any further charges.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and we'll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team
Message 6 of 6 (2,563 Views)