Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trying to Top Up Mobile Dongle

rawhide
Not applicable
Hello, please can anyone help.... I am trying to top up a mobile dongle, I entered all the details...registered the card....BUT when the drop down appeared to choose the price.... it said £5 top up THIS IS NOT mobile dongle, looks like I would be topping up a phone number, NOT data?

Confused, and getting a headache

Thanks for your time in reading this
5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello, please can anyone help.... I am trying to top up a mobile dongle, I entered all the details...registered the card....BUT when the drop down appeared to choose the price.... it said £5 top up THIS IS NOT mobile dongle, looks like I would be topping up a phone number, NOT data?

Confused, and getting a headache

Thanks for your time in reading this

The minimum you can top up a mobile broadband dongle is £15.00. Once you have topped up, it will automatically convert the calling credit to service credit.

rawhide
Not applicable
If anyone else is suffering this problem, I finally tracked down an answer:

"calltime only" doesn't mean "calltime only" because IF you pay £15 or over, it will then automatically convert to data

Hope that helps

NB
It is very poor of Vodafone to allow this confusion to continue.

I am now trying to get "Content Control" removed.... BUT THE PAGE THAT I AM SUPPOSED TO ACCESS is showing: "Unfortunately this functionality is currently unavailable".
Looking through the boards, a fellow customer says he has been getting that message for TWO WEEKS!!! And the answer from Vodafone: "Go to this page to remove Content Control" THE PAGE THAT IS 'currently unavailable'
Frustrating, time wasting, madness.

rawhide
Not applicable

The minimum you can top up a mobile broadband dongle is £15.00. Once you have topped up, it will automatically convert the calling credit to service credit.

Thanks Anne

jarviser
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

Thanks Anne

Also remember that if you were to top up now with another £15 before the 3 GBytes or the 30 days have been used up, the additional amount will stay as calling credit and will only roll over to service credit when the time or the data is exhausted. So if you wanted to retain continuous service you can keep a couple of weeks in advance of the expected cut off date and it will show as calling credit.

You will find that much of the mobile broadband terminology online belongs to mobile phones, and your example of "£5 calling credit only" is typical. Another example is if you register a credit card you get £1 bonus which is impossible to ever spend on VF broadband unless they bring out a £14 calling credit! It just stays looking at you as £1 credit.

Vodafone are not the only ones. I just cancelled my mobile broadband with a rival company and they tried to keep me with all sorts of offers that apply only to phones - it's the mindset of the people who design the websites and systems. In my day in the IT industry they would have been in work all night correcting it! Not so in the outsourced offshore tech shops who maintain websites these days.

Retired-Helen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi rawhide

Welcome to the eForum! :D

I can see that AnnS has beaten me to it with this one (thanks AnnS ;)), and that you've also found some more information out yourself and from jarviser (thanks ;)).

If anyone else has any questions about top ups for mobile broadband you can check out our Frequently Asked Questions here.

Thanks, Helen

eForum Team