cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using PAYG dongle... can I remove age restriction with my current Vodafone account?

ALKE444
4: Newbie

Hi folks,

New user to Vodafone mobile dongles here. Having recently bought one and having set it up, I can see that I am age restricted on it. I was just wondering if it is possible to remove this without visiting a shop? Visiting a shop can be done but I am some distance away from one so it is more convenient if I can do it by another method.

I currently have an account with Vodafone for my PAYG phone, which is age verified as I top up using a debit card. Is it possible to add in the dongle SIM ID into this account so it is verified?

Thanks,

Ally

14 REPLIES 14

shinwar
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

HI there

to get it removed without goign to a store you will need to have a credit card

you can call up 191 (from a vodafoen) or 08700700191 ( any line) 

i think you can also remove it from the online account

thanks

Thanks. I ended up going into the shop where they did it in 5 mins.

Hi,

Has there been some issue with Vodafone and their age restrictrion? I noticed last night that the dongle was being redirected to a different screen age age restriction and when I woke up this morning it has once again been age restricted. Nothing has changed - it's the same dongle, opened it, used it, found it was age restricted, got the restriction removed in the shop, worked fine then suddenly 1 day later it has the age restriction randomly reinstated?!?!?!

Hi ALKE444,

There may have been a firmware update to the dongle, however this is unlikely to change anything as the block is linked to your account.

You'll need to speak with the shop to get them to remove this for you.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi Matt,

Is there some way this can be removed without me having to visit the shop again as the shop is miles away? Is it possible to contact one of you guys directly with the dongle ID, you can investigate and see the age restriction was indeed lifted and shouldn't be in place and lift it directly for me? It's a bit of an inconvenience for the the customer to have to be back in to the shop again under the circumstances...

Hi,

Can I get a contact email address for Vodafone where I can send you guys my number and you guys can call me and talk to me directly to get this sorted? The nearest shop to me is miles away and I need use of the dongle right now for business reasons. I went to try to register here: -

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/myvodafone/faces/oracle/webcenter/portalapp/pagehierarchy/Page2.jspx?_afr...

And it says "If you’re registering a tablet or mobile internet dongle number, you’ll need to do this from the device that the Vodafone Mobile Connect software is installed on.". Well, I went to download that, tried with Chrome, FF and IE and it timed out every single time, one time giving me a message suggesting the server is busy.

Overall, this is pretty damn poor from Vodafone, and I would appreciate it if Vodafone could get this sorted out ASAP and at their expense.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi ALKE444,

The only ways to remove a content control bar are shown here.

Thanks,

Gemma 

Thanks Gemma, I appreciate your input.

Can I ask if Vodafone knows why this has occurred? It's going to be extremely annoying if i have to regularly visit the shop to get the age restriction lifted.

I am currently unable to register the dongle online due to not being able to download the software required. Can I ask if there is some way the people in the shop can register it or in some way sort this so it won't happen again?

Thanks.

Hi ALKE444,

We don’t have access to your account on the eForum, so we won’t be able to tell you immediately why this happened.

However, if you email us we can look into this for you.

To get in touch with us click here.

Thanks,

Sarah