Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone K3565 Dongle and Window 7 (64bit) and VMC 9.4.6

Colin
Not applicable
Greetings,

Wonder if anyone could help me?

I have just purchased a second Vodafone K3565 Dongle along with a new Dell Laptop Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7 (64bit) operating system for my Aunt.

I have download the new VMC software version 9.4.6 from the Vodafone Business website as per these forums.... as I understand the new 9.4.6 software drivers support windows 7 (32 and 64bit) operating systems according to the read me document.

(Please note that I already have a K3565 Dongle that I use with another laptop running Vista and all works fine)

My Problem:
Tried installing the new VMC software version 9.4.6 onto the laptop using Windows 7 (64bit) and it won’t load.

Error message is ....

"The wizard was interrupted before Vodafone Mobile Connect could be completely .....

Question?

Why won’t the new software load? Does VMC version 9.4.6 run on Windows 7 (64bit) as per the read me doc?

Any help would be appreciated in getting the software loaded so I can then plug in the Dongle and get it working.

Thanks
NZSA

PS: I don’t have a IT background so would really appreciate basic terminology if possible.
11 REPLIES 11

joeking
4: Newbie

Greetings,

Wonder if anyone could help me?

I have just purchased a second Vodafone K3565 Dongle along with a new Dell Laptop Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7 (64bit) operating system for my Aunt.

I have download the new VMC software version 9.4.6 from the Vodafone Business website as per these forums.... as I understand the new 9.4.6 software drivers support windows 7 (32 and 64bit) operating systems according to the read me document.

(Please note that I already have a K3565 Dongle that I use with another laptop running Vista and all works fine)

My Problem:
Tried installing the new VMC software version 9.4.6 onto the laptop using Windows 7 (64bit) and it won’t load.

Error message is ....

"The wizard was interrupted before Vodafone Mobile Connect could be completely .....

Question?

Why won’t the new software load? Does VMC version 9.4.6 run on Windows 7 (64bit) as per the read me doc?

Any help would be appreciated in getting the software loaded so I can then plug in the Dongle and get it working.

Thanks
NZSA

PS: I don’t have a IT background so would really appreciate basic terminology if possible.

I've heard that the original software that comes preloaded on the sticks works perfectly well with Windows 7, but as a precaution I have downloaded the new VMC software onto my Windows 7 laptop, ready to use in case of any problems, the trouble is I will not know until I next get to the UK.

Please keep posting as to how you get on just using the original as I would like to know if it's really worth the bother of installing the new VMC.

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi NZSA,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum Family, it's always great to see new faces on here :).

As joeking says, the pre-loaded software with the K3565 should work fine with Windows 7, have you tried installing this at all? Either way, it's a little strange that VMC 9.4.6 won't install for you at all. So that I can look into this further for you, would you be able to let me know the full error message that you're getting?

George
eForum Team

Colin
Not applicable

Hi NZSA,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum Family, it's always great to see new faces on here .

As joeking says, the pre-loaded software with the K3565 should work fine with Windows 7, have you tried installing this at all? Either way, it's a little strange that VMC 9.4.6 won't install for you at all. So that I can look into this further for you, would you be able to let me know the full error message that you're getting?

George
eForum Team

Hello and thanks for your posts thus far.

I had 2 install options available to me as shown below:

1) Dongle pre-loaded VMC software ver 9.3.5

The Dongle K3565 I bought has pre-loaded software VCM Lite ver 9.3.5.11690 on it. I tried loading it tonight and got the following error message .....

Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for cutom action.

(I hit the ok button on the error message and the error message closed and nothing further happen. I then tried installing option 2) below)

2) Downloaded VMC Software ver 9.4.6

After the pre-loaded software ver 9.3.5 (option 1) didnt work I downloaded the latest ver 9.4.6.20529 and installed it only to get the following error message ....

Install Wizzard Completed

The wizzard was interrupted before Vodafone Mobile Connect could be completely installed.

Your system has not been modified. To completed installation at another time , please run setup again.

Click Finish to Exit the Wizzard

(I hit the Finish button on the error message and error message closed and nothing further happen.)

My firm belief is that ver 9.4.6 doesnt support Windows 7 (64bit) and hence it wont install onto the laptop, regardless that the ver 9.4.6 "read me" document states that it supports Window 7 (32 & 64 bit)...... However I am hoping someone proves me incorrect.

Again any help most welcome!

Cheers
NZSA

joeking
Can I just ask this one thing regarding the K3565 dongle and it's compatibity with Windows 7, because despite reading that it is compatible with Windows 7 on one of Vodafones help pages it says this,

You will need the K3565R USB Modem Stick for Windows 7 on pay as you go.

The K3565 USB Modem Stick supports Windows Vista and XP, but not Windows 7 on pay as you go.

Here is the link, it's what is still troubling me.

http://help.vodafone...OPIC_INDEX=null

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi NZSA

If you are getting an error 2738 this would indicate a problem with the VB scripting host module found on windows 7, I'll really try to talk basic terms as you mentioned your not very IT literate, however to fix this its quite technical.

Is the version of Windows 7 running on your computer a clean install or a factory install? (by factory install I mean for example a Sony Vio straight from sony with the original OEM software running)

I found a link on the MSDN Forums which might be worth reading, I would suggest backing your PC registry up before attempting this. If you don't feel confident about making these types of system changes, I would really suggest contacting whoever provides your IT support (your local PC shop/PC world)

Hi joeking

K3565R and a K3565 are slightly different modems.

The R stands for the seconds revision which has slightly different drivers to support windows 7.

Hope this clears it up for you

Thanks
BenJ

Colin
Not applicable

Hi NZSA

If you are getting an error 2738 this would indicate a problem with the VB scripting host module found on windows 7, I'll really try to talk basic terms as you mentioned your not very IT literate, however to fix this its quite technical.

Is the version of Windows 7 running on your computer a clean install or a factory install? (by factory install I mean for example a Sony Vio straight from sony with the original OEM software running)

I found a link on the MSDN Forums which might be worth reading, I would suggest backing your PC registry up before attempting this. If you don't feel confident about making these types of system changes, I would really suggest contacting whoever provides your IT support (your local PC shop/PC world)

Hi joeking

The R stands for the seconds revision which has slightly different drivers to support windows 7.

Thanks
BenJ

Hi Ben,

The Dell I bought had Windows 7 already pre-installed on it - i.e. factory install.

Regards
NZSA

joeking

Hi NZSA

Hi joeking

Thanks
BenJ

So, are you saying that the older, K3565 will not work with Windows 7?, this is where I keep getting conflicting information.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi joeking,

The older modem will work with Windows 7, but it does require version 9.4.6 of the VMC software to be installed, as this is designed with the OS changes incorporated.

Can you install that for me and, if you hve any issues with that, confirm the exact error you get for me so we can advise what you need to do to proceed.

DaveN

eForum Team

joeking

Hi joeking,

The older modem will work with Windows 7, but it does require version 9.4.6 of the VMC software to be installed, as this is designed with the OS changes incorporated.

Can you install that for me and, if you hve any issues with that, confirm the exact error you get for me so we can advise what you need to do to proceed.

DaveN

eForum Team

This is the problem, I am in Holland and my dongle stays in the UK, I have recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 7, doing a clean install of the 64bit version, I have downloaded the VMC 9.4.6 onto the laptop ready to be unpacked should there be any problems with the older version.
The place where I stay in the UK has no internet accsess so I am relying on the dongle working with what I already have as I will not be able to download anything there.
I have managed to connect a Huawei E160G just using the network and sharing center in Windows 7, so I have three option when I get to the UK again, old original version (preloaded on stick) new VMC 9.4.6 (ready to be used on laptop) and Windows 7 network center.
So it's just fingers crossed I suppose.