You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Twinkletoes_99

Vodafone Mobile Connect - Error 2738. Could Not Access Vbscript Run Time For Custom Action.

Hi, I have a Vodafone K3520 Modem Stick Lite I am trying to install it onto a TOSHIBA SATELLITE A30-931. It starts the installation but shortly after a window pops up and says " Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action " Also when I run the disk I got with the dongle it asks me to select the provider I have the contract with, when i select Vodafone UK and click Next it says that the installation has been interupted, but I haven't interupted it...
I don't have a clue what a VBScript is or what the installation disc is doing... The dongle works fine on my PC, I was thinking the reason for the dongle not working on the laptop may be because I already have it installed on another computer. I really don't have a clue so any help would be appreciated, Thankyou.
Message 1 of 3 (6,885 Views)
Rank 13: Guide II
Neil_Brown

Vodafone Mobile Connect - Error 2738. Could Not Access Vbscript Run Time For Custom Action.

Your PC does not have the necessary version of VBScript installed - if you google on the error message, one of the results will give you the solution.
Neil
Message 2 of 3 (6,885 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Jon_V

Hi Twinkletoes_99,

Follow the instructions on this website for details of how to fix this particular issue :)

Let us know if you have any problems!

Jon

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? click here
Message 3 of 3 (6,885 Views)
iPhone 6

iPhone 6

Bigger than bigger

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Stand out from the crowd

My Vodafone

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Need more credit?

Top Up

It's easy to top up online.

Vodafone Freebee Rewardz

Vodafone Freebee Rewardz

Earn Rewardz points every time you top up.