Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi R206-Z

IanBissett
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, Last month I was in Spain on holiday and I brought the Vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi R206-Z, they did warn me that I would need to do something to be able to use it in another country.  I took it into a Vodafone shop yesterday and they told me that I would need to go to the Vodafone web site to unlock it.  I have spent hours trying to do this to no avail, I ended up calling Vodafone UK who told me that because the device is Spanish and so is the SIM I would need to call Vodafone in Spain to unlock it!!!!  Is there any other way of doing this please?  It has got a Spanish SIM but I'm happy to get a UK one.

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi IanBissett,

As the device was purchased through Vodafone Spain, you'd need to contact them to get it unlocked.

We can't access Vodafone Spain accounts, so they'd need to sort this for you.

I've found a help FAQ on the Vodafone Spain website here. If you use the translation feature on Google Chrome, you'll be able to read the instructions (unless of course you can read Spanish).

Thanks,

Matt B

Jhair
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi matt I am on holiday in turkey and have purchased the R 206 with 1 weeks unlimited internet It worked really well the first day but has since slowed down to approx 130kbs this is on 3G+ signal ? I tried speaking to the girl that sold me it and she said it was because the first 1GB was fast then the rest is slow ??? It sounded like she had just made that excuse up to me ! Is there any way you know of that can speed it back up or some settings I can adjust that may help that anyone knows of ? Any help greatly appreciated thanks

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi there,

Is this a VF Turkey sim card? As VF-UK (who's forum you have found) don't have any 'unlimited' deals.

It sounds plausable though, a gig in a week is a fair chunk of data so a speed cap after that could well be in place., standard 3G plans here tend to offer 3GB for the month.

Yes it's a Turkish Vodafone sim It just sounded like an excuse as that was the third explanation she came up with lol and no one mentioned a speed cap when I bought it and to be honesty I hadn't realised providers could limit speeds thanks for replying so quick