Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Network - Mixed 3g Signal

squarebushed
Not applicable
hi,
I live on top of a hill and can see a mast from the house at wormald green yet still the signal goes from reasonable 3g (200kps) to gprs at 50/60kps.Sometimes cant get on internet with 3g at all for days
Any help appreciated Squarebushed.(postcode area hg3)
4 REPLIES 4

jarviser
15: Advanced member

hi,
I live on top of a hill and can see a mast from the house at wormald green yet still the signal goes from reasonable 3g (200kps) to gprs at 50/60kps.Sometimes cant get on internet with 3g at all for days
Any help appreciated Squarebushed.(postcode area hg3)

If it's any of the 3 masts on the attached map, none of them are Vodafone 3G Look at http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/ and see whicj mast you are talking about. (Needs to be 2100MHz)

squarebushed
Not applicable
hi
which is the closest 3g mast to markington so i can try and hang the dongle out of the right side of the house or buy an aerial
cheers

jarviser

hi
which is the closest 3g mast to markington so i can try and hang the dongle out of the right side of the house or buy an aerial
cheers

I'll leave that to the VF eforum Staff - or if you need to find other providers you can try the link I left you. See here for more details how to use it.

Retired-Martin
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi squarebushed

Welcome to the eForum :D it is always good to see new faces on here.

I have just checked where you local 3G cell site is, and that is very close to the Museum in Ripon and it is located on the A61. I have used the postcode on your eForum Account, I trust this is the main address that you use this? if not please let me know what that is and I can check again.

I think the main issue here is with peak times or general high use. As you are quite a distance from the cell site, the more that is used, the less of an area the signal covers. This would be my only explanation with the differing speeds you are getting.

Martin
eForum Team