Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone PAYG Broadband Dongle with NO time limit

CupraR
4: Newbie

Hello.

Approximately two years ago I purchased a Vodafone Dongle to be able to go onto the internet via my Laptop on the few occasions I am away from my Home Router.

It was purchased from Argos and for £15 I got 3GB of Data, which didn't run out except for a time limit of 270days.

I have now gone to top it up and I see a message I'll only get 1GB for £15???

What's going on, have I read the wrong thing?? Certainly hope so, I have had no literature from Vodafone with regards this.

Please put me out of my misery!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cheers Dave.

Still in the same boat though and unsure exactly what I will and what I won't and how long or how little a top up will now last. Guess I'll have to try it and find out.

Still can't get Content Control removed though, whenever I try via the website an error repeatedly comes up.

Thanks again

View solution in original position

94 REPLIES 94

Hi,

apparently my Dad went into the shop in Sunderland, and has been told they have cancelled the K3565.

No warning, nothing.

Is this legal?

KAL

I have a similar problem to a previous post.  My K3565 dongle has £12.82 credit but will not let me access the web.  Reading the other post anawer it appears that I need to topup with £15 to get my data access back but what happens to my £12.82 credit?

My terms at the time of puchase stated my data would not expire as long as I logged on every 3 months which I did.

Regards

Vince

You are right - I have the same issue - I bought this on the basis that the credit woudl not expire.  Vodafone have now decided they don't want to honour their side of th bargain.  Very poor.  

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi wwmorley,

drj is spot on here (thanks).

You can see the packs available here.

DaveCD

What about the promise that was made when purchasing that data on these devices woudl NOT expire?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ccarmock,

Those affected would have been notified prior to the change.

Thanks,

Sukhi

drj
11: Established
11: Established

Sorry - but you must realise that that answer is totally irrelevant. It wasn't answering the point made at all.

And in any case the notifications that were made in August/September 2013 weren't properly wide-ranging enough. It is inexplicable why you didn't actually email affected users with a detailed explanantion of the change, information about the totally changed service in detail and a timetable for implementation rather than issue a transient pop-up and let things happen as and when.

Since the only Vodafone device I have is this Broadband Dongle I have never been informed of the change to the terms in force when I bought the device.

Vince

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Vodafone did send out communications via a pop up message that came through on the software for the device.  Even if you didn't see the message, it doesn't change the fact that your non expiring dongle now expires and you ahve to purchase a data pack every 30 days. And yes, Vodafone can modify the T&Cs that you agreed to (that's part of the T&Cs to)

PWIAC

How on earth can I see a pop up message on a Broadband Dongle ?

Vince