Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone PAYG Broadband Dongle with NO time limit

CupraR
4: Newbie

Hello.

Approximately two years ago I purchased a Vodafone Dongle to be able to go onto the internet via my Laptop on the few occasions I am away from my Home Router.

It was purchased from Argos and for £15 I got 3GB of Data, which didn't run out except for a time limit of 270days.

I have now gone to top it up and I see a message I'll only get 1GB for £15???

What's going on, have I read the wrong thing?? Certainly hope so, I have had no literature from Vodafone with regards this.

Please put me out of my misery!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cheers Dave.

Still in the same boat though and unsure exactly what I will and what I won't and how long or how little a top up will now last. Guess I'll have to try it and find out.

Still can't get Content Control removed though, whenever I try via the website an error repeatedly comes up.

Thanks again

View solution in original position

94 REPLIES 94

Cheers Dave.

Still in the same boat though and unsure exactly what I will and what I won't and how long or how little a top up will now last. Guess I'll have to try it and find out.

Still can't get Content Control removed though, whenever I try via the website an error repeatedly comes up.

Thanks again

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi CupraR

Thank you for your post. :smileyhappy:

I have just checked your online 'My Account' and can see that your content control bars are lifted which means you should not have any difficulties.

Please ensure that you are using the correct username and password when logging in as I did see a couple of username possibilities when looking.

If you are still experiencing difficulties with this please complete and reply to the email I have just sent to the address you registered with on here and I will take a further look at our end.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Cheers Dave. Much appreciated.

Re log in names, I did have some difficulties at one point due to a space in my username. I'll let you know if I encounter anymore problems.

Thanks again.

Has this been resolved as the Dongle that I purchased over 3yrs ago with £15 credit is now down to around £8.  As you will see I only used it rarley, I used to tether my BB, but now I have a VF iPhone so can no longer do this without getting stung for it. 

The old top-up was great as I only used the dongle to browse the web whilst away in my motorhome. One that will only last 30days would be no use to me as I would hardly get to use it before it ran out!

Hi

I too still have something like £10 of credit left on my Dongle that I purchased years ago, so as you can see I don't use it much either.

I haven't topped it up yet to test it for fear of it running out before using it. Maybe you will need to "Top Up" before me and then you could be the guinea pig lol.

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

As confirmed by Dave you will still have the old setup as long as the SIM hasn’t been disconnected due to the lack of usage.

The easiest way to confirm this is through your online account t as under your balance it will show which price plan you are on and it will display the older mobile broadband price plan option.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

James

Thanks for clarifying that James.

I have this sorted now, although still not toppped mine up.

If you have the old K3565 dongle you can top up £15 but you only get 1gig although it has no time limit as long as use it at least every 6ths. With the newer dongles you get twice the data for your money, but it only lasts 30days.

I got this info from the VF PAYG top up page. 

FAQs What's the minimum amount I can top up?

This depends on your device and your price plan.

• iPad, another tablet, PlayStation Vita or the K3770 dongle
    You can top up a minimum of £5. This gives you 250MB of UK web data, valid for 30 days
  • K3565-R and K3570-Z dongles
    You can top up a minimum of £15. This gives you 2GB of UK web data, valid for 30 days
  • K3565 dongle
    You can top up a minimum of £15. This gives you 1GB of UK web data, with no expiry.

How do I know which internet dongle I have?

The model number is displayed on the back of your internet dongle.

Can someone tell me if this has been resolved.  My account for my PAYG dongle (which has always 'rolled over') is showing £9-27 in Credit although I am unable to use it as whenever I try it asks me to top up.  If I top up another £15 will it continue to roll over?  In my account it says I am on a . Mobile Broadband Price Plan - but due to my low usage there is no point in me topping up if it doesn't roll-over

Many Thanks. Jim.

Hi jimmiley,

Are you able to confirm which dongle you're using?

Does it match any that dai_uk posted?

Thanks

Ian