You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Meganbtoo

Vodafone PAYG Dongle - It's Disconnecting Every Few Minutes

Hi

I had an account problem that was corrected after a post here. Before it was corrected I disconnected occasionally but the service was acceptable. Since the problem with my account has been corrected I am disconnecting every few minutes - sometimes I can disconnected every 2 minutes for about 15 minutes, play with no problems for an hour and then the disconnects start again. I play World of Warcraft and this is becoming unplayable - I keep dying! I have also noticed that my credit is disappearing at an alarming rate - is this due to the reconnecting to the service and WoW so often?
Message 1 of 9 (6,086 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
bacupian

Hi

I had an account problem that was corrected after a post here. Before it was corrected I disconnected occasionally but the service was acceptable. Since the problem with my account has been corrected I am disconnecting every few minutes - sometimes I can disconnected every 2 minutes for about 15 minutes, play with no problems for an hour and then the disconnects start again. I play World of Warcraft and this is becoming unplayable - I keep dying! I have also noticed that my credit is disappearing at an alarming rate - is this due to the reconnecting to the service and WoW so often?

I'd guess you are on edge of a cell or between cells and your connection is swapping between them. If they've not been deleted from the forum
you may find others have reported similar problem with disappearing credit.

Let the moderators have your postcode so they can check vs location of masts.

David
Message 2 of 9 (6,086 Views)
andybb

I'm having exactly the same issue as you.

You'll see from a previous post I've had to get a PAYG while my actual one is in for repair.

It looks like the PAYG is being throttled somehow - any heavy action and the thing disconnects. Its certainly not as good as the contract one.

Stay out of cities and raids, Not acceptable I know but safer for you!

Haven't monitored the credit usage as I hope to be rid of the thing within a week... and its dead money anyway once a months gone!
Message 3 of 9 (6,086 Views)
echo801

Am having the same problem.
I have a contract account and that works superbly well but as I was reaching my monthly limit I've supplemented with a PAYG dongle.
After a few minutes it just cuts out, although it says it is still connected, and then I have to exit program and restart it in order to connect again.
Pants really.
Message 4 of 9 (6,086 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andy_V

Hi Meganb, silverleaf and echo801

I am sorry to hear that you have been having problems with your internet connections. Bacupian is correct in his suggestion that we would ideally need your postcodes so that we can run some checks on the network in your local areas. We do not throttle our Pay as You Go customers as this would not be fair. The PAYG Dongles do access the network through a separate APN so if there is a fault there that could explain why you are having similar issues. Let me know your postcodes and I will look into this further for you.

Cheers

Andy H
eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 5 of 9 (6,086 Views)
andybb

RG14 6SE for me.

Your chaps should have checked last week and gave the all clear due to my other problem with the contract version fault.

However if theres specific checks you'd run for PAYG it would be interesting to see
Message 6 of 9 (6,086 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Jon_V

Hi Silverleaf,

Although I can see no issues with the cell sites serving your area, I think it is still worth raising this as a fault so that it can investigated fully. I'm sending an email to your registered address asking for a few details so we can get the ball rolling :)

Jon

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? click here
Message 7 of 9 (6,086 Views)
staplingmachine

Re: Vodafone PAYG Dongle - It's Disconnecting Every Few Minutes

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem. It says I am connected, but I am obviously not as nothing loads after about two minutes and I need to keep disconnecting and connecting.

Very frustrating as my son is staying with me at the moment and he was looking forward to playing.

My postcode is S2 1UU. What do I need to do to stop this from happening?

Andrew

Message 8 of 9 (5,234 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Re: Vodafone PAYG Dongle - It's Disconnecting Every Few Minutes

Hi staplingmachine,

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team.

It’s always nice to see a new name around here; I only wish that it was under better circumstances.

I have taken a look at the postcode area which you have provided to us in your post and can see that you are situated right in the middle of 2 3G sites.

Unfortunately at the moment one of these sites (1678) is having an issue which is why you will find the modem disconnecting. When coverage from the other site becomes too weak to provide you with a stable connection.

I have taken a look at the fault with site 1678 and can see that it has been raised to our engineers under reference 2268132.

From what I can see, an engineer has been out to the site and replaced some of the parts however it looks like the fault is still at the site, at the moment our engineers are due to go back out to the site soon to undergo further diagnostic testing to see what is causing the issue.

In the meantime I would recommend keeping an eye on our faults board for the latest details on the fault as we have them.

James

eForum Team

if you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short customer feedback survey.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 9 of 9 (5,197 Views)