Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone SMTP Settings

Valbrona
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am trying to configure Outlook Express so that it sends email via my Vodafone dongle. I know I can do it because I have done it before, only now the settings have been lost.

What POP3 SMTP server do I use?

What POP3 outgoing server port number do I use?

Why on earth aren't these settings listed anywhere on the Voadfone website?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

There are no settings listed on the Vodafone website because Vodafone doesn't offer an SMTP service. You have to use the one that your ISP or mail provider gives you.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

But Vodafone is my ISP. I access the Internet through one of their dongles.

My email address is an @tiscali.co.uk address.

If Vodafone do not provide SMTP settings how was it possible for me to send email from my PC via the dongle?

If you go onto the Vodafone website for other countries, they do give the SMTP settings. But the Vodafone UK website doesn't seem to list them.

jeffkinn
You'll use Tiscali's SMTP settings . There are no Vodafone SMTP settings as they don't exist.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thanks for your advice.

However, you will note that when I connect my PC to the internet using my Three dongle I have to use a Three SMTP server (smtp-mbb.three.co.uk) to be able to send email.

Have tried pretty much everything but I am still unable to send email via my Vodafone dongle, but can receive.  As per previous info, my email is an @tiscali.co.uk address.

jeffkinn

You'll need to talk to Tiscali about the settings you need, although in the past I know there have been issues with Tiscali and Talk Talk sending emails via Vodafone.

Other networks might have their own SMTP servers but Vodafone UK does not.

An alternative is to use gmail as you can send through their SMTP service on behalf of another email address and the replies come back to the address of your choice and not gmail.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png