cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone dongle pay as you go - How do I top up?

smary16
Not applicable
I have a Vodafone dongle which came with a £15 top up.  I understand that the time limit of 60 days has run out but how do I top up this or do I have to buy a whole new dongle.

I also have heard the Vodafone are doing a dongle that doesn't have a time limit on the top up.   I never use the whole £15 pounds as I only use it when I go to my Dads.  I want a dongle that won't expire.

6 REPLIES 6

RupertTheFridge
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
To top up its best to register the dongle number for an online account at www.vodafone.co.uk , then you can add a credit or debit card to add the cash to top up. The newer dongles have 3gig of data, but it only lasts for 30 days at a cost of 15 quid, the older one had 1gb of data for same amount but not the time limit. It might be worth speaking to vodafone payg and asking if you can have the older service.

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi smary16

The information provided by RupertTheFridge is spot on here (thanks RupertTheFridge your a star :D)

You can register for My Account by clicking my link.

If there is anything else in the future please let us know and one of the team will be in touch :D

Thanks
Matthew
eForum Team

i have tried all day to get some sence into how i access my Dongle account!!!.....it seems not to exist...help before i move elsewhere

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tearlach1956,

You can login to your online account here. If that does not work we'll need to take a closer look at your account, contact us here.

Thanks,

Sukhi

magvitum
Not applicable

Hi smary16

The information provided by RupertTheFridge is spot on here (thanks RupertTheFridge your a star :D)

You can register for My Account by clicking my link.

If there is anything else in the future please let us know and one of the team will be in touch :D

Thanks
Matthew
eForum Team

Hi Mathew, I just started another topic: "cannot top up" etc. My query being that as an American who comes to the Lake District every summer for 3 months I cannot use my American credit cards with Vodafone, online, to buy SIM cards or to top-up. I purchased a Vodafone dongle last year at Hawkshead's pharmacist. But now every year I have to buy a whole new dongle because the stores that are accessible to me don't sell the SIM cards individually. I was thinking of ordering a SIM card from the US before I arrive here next year, but when I tried to top up online I see that my American credit cards, which are accepted everywhere else here, are not accepted by Vodafone online. So do I need to buy yet a 3rd dongle when I come back next year, because my cards are not recognized here? Or is there another way?

ALSO, is it possible to purchase vouchers for 3 months, to be used consecutively? This would solve part of my other problem, which is that I cannot top up online. Thank yo so much, Magvitum

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Magvitum,

I've answered your query in your other thread