Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone r201 Unlocked?

SavageGizmo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi there, I've read somewhere that this device comes unlocked can anyone confirm this? Many thanks Matt
7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi SavageGizmo

Firstly welcome to the Vodafone eForum family. It’s always a pleasure to have new people around here.:)

As far as I am aware, all the supplied Vodafone Mobile Broadband devices are locked to Vodafone. It’s possible to unlock these, with the request procedure identical to that of unlocking a mobile phone.

If you’d like to unlock a modem, just go to the online NUC (Network Unlock Code) link, and enter in the device details. It’s important you include a contact email address, as a small piece of software is sent along with the code to allow the device to be unlocked.

To find the IMEI number:

Login to the Vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi browser interface and choose Support > Vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi Diagnostics. The IMEI number is in the first box.

Let me know if you’ve any further questions.

Trev

eForum Team

Hi Trev, thank you for the reply. How much would this code cost?

Hi SavageGizmo

Thanks for your post here.

If you are on Contract, it will be free. If you are on Pay as you go, then the cost will be £19.99.

More information can be found on the link below

NUC

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

Thanks again for your reply.

Can you confirm whether this applies to rolling contracts as well as set term contracts. The r201 is available on your website on a rolling contract but I want to make sure that if I am unhappy with the speed / signal etc I can unlock this to use on another network. Would the unlock code be free on a rolling contract?

Many thanks

Matt

Hi SavageGizmo

I can confirm that that would be included in the free unlocking code, as it is still a contract, even though it is a rolling contract :Laughing_Face:

Martin

eForum Team

I Bought one from my friend and he give me the unlock code but i don't know what i can do with it :Sad_face:

You can get the R201 unlocked

It doesn't matter if you're in contract still or not.

Some of the R201 devices supplied by Vodafone were never locked so it's worth checking the lock status of the device before buying the unlocking code.