Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafonewifi

acrosland195
2: Seeker

When did vodafonewifi appear if the wi-fi networks list?

Has it always been there and I have never noticed it before

9 REPLIES 9

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

What list? Never heard of vodafonewifi.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

acrosland195
On a galaxy s4, when you scan for wifi connections it shows you a list of whats in range and also lists your saved connections. Now whenever I refresh the list a connection called vodafonewifi is shown and I cant delete it. When speaking to technical support at the weekend they said it was due to an upgrade?

Hi acrosland195,

The Wi-Fi connection you're seeing is part of the London Underground Wi-Fi service.

vodafonewifi will automatically connect to the service when you're within range of an underground station which has a hotspot.

Thanks,

Matt B

jeffkinn

That's odd because I use the Underground's Wi Fi service all of the time but via Virgin Media with my Vodafone credentials.

I've just checked my phone and vodafonewifi isn't listed as network that I've ever conected to.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi Matt, 

I I have a Galaxy S5 originally purchased from Vodafone but I have now now unlocked it and changed 3 mobile. I have flashed the phone using the generic firmware but the Vodafonewifi settings are still there and it still tries to connect automatically to these settings on the underground which is highly annoying. I have tried to remove the the settings using the Samsung Wifi settings and 3rd party apps apps also with no luck. Can you tell me how to get rid of these settings please! 

Thanks, 

Matt 

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mattmills8133,

If a factory reset does not remove the settings then I'm afraid I don't it’s possible.

If there is, I'm sure a member of the community will along to share this :).

Thanks,

Sukhi

mattmills8133
Hi Sukhi,

It is definitely possible, that is one of the reasons Android is so great as it is an open source op system so people can alter it. Vodafone put the bloatware and settings like this in after they have received the original base build of Android. Can you escalate this up your tech team please? Alternatively can someone tell me if rooting my phone will do it?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi mattmills8133,

If you still have the MyVodafone app on your phone, follow the instructions below:

• Go into the My Vodafone app and select Wi-Fi Finder
  • Click on "Set-up"
  • Untick the "Auto connect" option

Once you've done this, go into your Wi-Fi settings on the Galaxy S5 and tap on the "vodafonewifi" hotspot. You then need to select the "Forget" option.

This should remove the network from the list and stop the auto connecting you're facing.

Thanks,

Matt B

mattmills8133
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response.

I have have downloaded the app but unfortunately I don't have have a Voda simply card so I cannot get into the app fully to change the Wifi settings. Starting to to think they only way to do it will be to root it?

Thanks Thanks and sorry for the delay in responding.