Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wave central heating thermostat

Grayo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a Wave central heating thermostat in my holiday caravan. When I was on the 3 network I could connect up to this thermostat using my mobile phone to turn the heating on or off. I have recently changed my wifi in the caravan to Vodafone compleat with the vodafone mifi unit. For some reason I can't get the thermostat to connect up to the mifi unit. The thermostat recognises the network but when I put in the password I just won't connect. Has anybody any idea why this is happening or experienced the same thing.

thanks Graham

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Grayo

The unit is probably still trying to connect to the previous network.  There may be something on the application settings where you can forget the previous network.  You can also try deleting and reinstalling the application.

If there are still problems, Wave should have a customer service channel for help and support.

Hi Anns' yes there is a reset button on the thermostat which I have tried many times now but still won't connect up to the mifi unit. After the reset it recognises the SSID name but just won't connect up after putting in the password which is correct. I have ordered a new unlocked heawei mifi unit to see if it will connect up the same as the 3 network mifi unit.

Just found another problem. My iPad and iPhone 7 connected no problem but my wife's iPad and iPhone 7 will not connect up to the mifi unit. Gets stranger and stranger. Doh!!

And yet another connection problem. it won't connect to my PC unless its plugged in to a USB port. Wifi is turned on it recognises the mifi unit but keeps saying tye password is wrong which i know its not.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Grayo So we're able to look into this on our end and check on this for you, please contact us using the information in the private message I've sent. 

It seems I had a faulty mifi unit. This mifi unit has now been changed and everything is connecting up to it as it should. The only thing I've not tried to connect is the Wave Central Heating Thermostat and I can't try that until I'm back down the caravan on the weekend so fingers crossed it also works.