Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Who else gets stung constantly for extra charges

vfsucks
4: Newbie
I was just wondering who else gets stung for extra charges every month????????????????
13 REPLIES 13

davepeddie
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just got my first bill.  I'm Monthly contract:  £26 = 300mins/unlimited txts/500Mb data.  There was an extra £2.51on the bill.  Phoned  191 and the customer service lady was most helpful.

It was incurred through accessing some of the 'hidden extra charges' they don't tell you about.

i.e.........

*calls to numbers beginning with 08

*calls to numbers beginning with 070

*calls to Directory Enquires

*All MMS – Multi-media Messaging Service

*Texts over 160 characters form a 2nd page and will be charged as MMS

*International phone calls

Now I've trawled the Vodafone website (NOT the most user friendly site I know) and can't find this information.

Come on Vodafone.  Be a bit more transparent with these extra charges.

Hi davepeddie

Thanks for your post here.

All of the charges you have mentioned can be found on our website (www.vodafone.co.uk) then select ‘Price Plans’ then ‘Call charges’.

Alternatively click this link

International call charges can be found via Vodafone.co.uk, ‘Price plans’ then ‘Travelling Abroad’

Alternatively click this link

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

@Wayne

thanks for the links because it was impossible to find on the website.

BUT that still doesn't mention that txt messages, if longer than 160 characters, are charged at MMS charges. 

What webpage is that charge listed on?

regards

Dave

Jebelious
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Long SMS are not charged as MMS - your phone may be converting the long SMS into MMS which is a setting you would need to change, the network would charge you depending how the device sends the data out.

I have sent many SMS well over 4/5 SMS long and not been charged MMS feed for it.

Which phone are you using? if it is the Sony Ericsson in your picture then i would recommend looking at the SMS Setting section.

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below