cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why do I have £25 extra charges and a total bill of £50 instead of £25?

penguinrpg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I haven't even used the dongle yet and it says I have £25 extra charges, one page says "£25 line rental" despite it being a mobile broadband dongle.

What's with these extra charges and why wasn't this previously mentioned...? It says it has nothing to do with the plan but doesn't actually say what it is so I don't see why I'm being charged £25.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @penguinrpg

You first need to check the billing dates, you have got more than a months line rental.  With it being the first bill, you are charged on a pro ratered basis, that means you will pay part of a month (although it looks like you have been charged a full month), and as line rental is always paid in advance, plus one full months line rental.   Appreciate this is a data contract.

If you have any billing enquiries, live chat or Customer Services will be able to clarify the charges for you.

So you're saying there are 2 months worth here and this is also next months?

If that is what you're saying, why did it say this is on top of the monthly charges?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @penguinrpg - thanks for posting.

Where it says line rental on your bill, this is the charge for your monthly plan and it will show the dates you’ve been charged to and from.

You can check the full breakdown of your bill through your My Vodafone account.

If you still need help with this, please contact us via Live Chat.