Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Broadband

Why is it so difficult to get a 4G SIM Data Card activated on 4G?

4: Newbie
View more options

Vodafone response so far............

Hi,

As we're not discussing a specific account, we'll be unable to assist.

However, I can see that you've mentioned a few of your customers having issues regarding their 4G Data-only SIM.

If you're aware of any customers currently having trouble, you can ask them to get in touch via our Live Chat or call us on 191 and we'll be more than happy to assist.

Thanks,
Social Media Comms

Vodafone Limited
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No 1471587

View more options

Doesn’t work .

I have phoned about 20 times and on Chat and I have managed to find 2 people who understand what i am talking about.

They just look at a customer’s post code on a coverage map, see there is no 4G in the area and say that is why it is not working or worse still have even said our equipment is faulty or not fit for purpose.

I just want customers who order a 4G sim card to have the card activated on 4G and not only on 3G. It is very simple.

I know this happens as our customers are not getting 4G, and when I put my 4G sim in,, hey presto, 4G signal comes into the 4G Router (TP Link MR200 – which sets up Vodafone APN settings automatically – another excuse that is often supplied from your tech team). This is taking up so much of my time and money. I can never act on the customers behave as I am not the account holder, so the account holder gets “fobbed off” with some of your excuses already mentioned. Whilst we are at it, you also should cap the amount used like EE do, and not just let the customer carry on regardless uses data that without knowing have exceeded, and then chards excessive amounts for data used, as customers unknowingly go over their data cap. His can be done in our router, but not all customers use it, as our router can monitor the data used.

All our antennas can pick up 4G on 3 EE Vodafone and 02 from a mast upto 10 miles away, in a good line of sight (we do a 4G analytical test first to find out the signal strength and direction of where the mast is) and you are the only provider we have trouble with in understanding what we do.

We sell about 30 4G sim cards a month, and could possible sell 10-20 on Vodafone. We just provide the best suppliers for the best signal we can get, but Vodafone and EE offer the best value for money in this regard, (if your SIM card ever work).

I hope you can provide me with a better answer than one i have been trying with for the last 4 months with no avail.

Russ

View more options
View more options

@crunchieeagle

What's the email reference number from the auotmated response you received? 

it should look like [#123456789].

We'll chase your email and query up.

View more options
View more options

Hi @crunchieeagle

I've checked your reference and can see we've been in touch. 

All the information on the resolution is detailed in our last email. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

View more options

So this is it? The same thing i have been doing for the last 4 months with no success. Jeez

Hi,

As we're not discussing a specific account, we'll be unable to assist.

However, I can see that you've mentioned a few of your customers having issues regarding their 4G Data-only SIM.

If you're aware of any customers currently having trouble, you can ask them to get in touch via our Live Chat or call us on 191 and we'll be more than happy to assist.

Thanks,

Alex
Social Media Comms

Vodafone Limited

View more options

Your Egyptian Call Centre does not know what it is doing, what it is selling, and not supplying what is ordered.

This is simple.

The only way to get this resolved is for customers to go to a Vodafone shop, activate it, then go home. As most of our customers are in rural area sand are often 40+ miles away from a shop, this is not satisfactory at all.

What you are selling on line is not fit for purpose. End of.

View more options
View more options

@crunchieeagle

@Amanda is refering to the email we've sent you.

Please check your spam/junk folder if you've not received it.

View more options

I have Dabe B, Still not received it. Thanks

View more options

@crunchieeagle - I’ve resent the email this evening, to the same email address. 

If this doesn't show in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder.

View more options

Got it thanks

Hi Russell,

Further to email ref: #15507838, please find a copy of the reply sent by Matthew on 8 March 2017.

Hi,

As advised previously, the customer's who are having issues can contact us themselves.

We can then look at their issue and resolve this.

Thanks,

Matthew

Thanks, 

Jenny
Social Media Comms

Vodafone Limited

Could you email a number to your tech team rather than going through the inept 191 number I say this because I have been trying for 4 months (i will not publish it if you don't want me to).

View more options

@crunchieeagle Please respond to our latest email and we'll be able to organise a call. Smiley Happy

View more options

Hi Alex

Checked Junk etc, no email as yet.

Could you send it again.

Cheers

Russ

View more options

@crunchieeagle

I've resent you a copy of the email sent on 8 March to your email address.

Please let us know if you've received it.

View more options

Yes, I have got it now. Thank You.

But do you have a number so that i dont have to go through the call centre, as they do not understand that a sim card need to be activated in 4g even though not everyone is in a "4g area". That is what our antennas do.

View more options

@crunchieeagle

Unfortunately we don't.

If you respond to the email asking to be called, a member of the team will be happy to do this.

View more options

If you buy a sim that is sold as a 4g data plan then surely it should be activated as 4g regardless of what area you live in or whether you can get a 4g signal at your address. It is ridiculous to have to jump through all these hoops just to get a sim to work as sold when it should be ready to use upon receipt.

View more options