Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi R205

Watugi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All

I've just got one of these devices as I work on a ship and I'm away for long periods and it allows me to keep in touch with the family.

It works really well. However one massive disappointment is the fact that if you press the power button twice the unit displays the SSID and the passcode !!!!!

Needless to say, people have been helping themselves to my wifi connection.

It seems the only way to stop them doing this is to use MAC selective connection - that way only devices I authorise will be allowed to connect. However I've tried several times to add my laptop and my phone, but the software just says "loading" but nothing happens and the screen just starts back where it started.

Is this a known fault ?

I go away again on Wednesday and really want this resolved before I go so that my data doesnt get eaten up by unwelcome guests !!!

Graham

85 REPLIES 85

Guys, thanks for your help, I have received the Update from Vodafone and yes this solves the Mac Filtering issue and indeed lets you add a NAT rule however NAT doesnt work as I had expected thankfully our account manager has logged a ticket with the correct support team and they are looking into whether they can help me with a possible solution.

Even if this doesnt work in the end I have to say Vodafone have been incredibly helpful and I have been amazed at the level of support i am receiving so thanks again.

I got a reply about the update but the link just sends me to the Vodafone gobal site and if i search R205 Firmware

i get this

http://www.business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/wi_fi_devices/r205/f...

if i click on the click about firmware i get 404 error page not found

also replied to the email but haven't got a reply that was 4 days ago now

Yes, you are correct this link doesnt work, the Vodafone team tried this with me but again I got page 404. In the end they sent me a link to an FTP site that is only available for a limited time, I would suggest your tech guy does the same.

Vodafone have their reasons I suppose but I really dont know why the new firmware isnt made available on the Global website, there is obviously a bug in 3.8.

Hi Uwe. Please throw me too Vodafone firmware for P205.

Ho aqswdeaqswde,

If you are after the new R205 firmware, please follow the instructions on the PM that I have sent to you and we can get a copy sent out to you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

can i get a copy of the latest s/w as well pls

darren

Hi dazzabird,

I'll pop you a PM so we can look to help with that.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

Hi Dave, can You send it to me too? Thanks in advance

Hi genioefolliagen, 

There's a PM on the way to you now with instructions on how to contact the team, follow these and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul

Hello everybody!!

I've done what You asked via PM, but they replied with the link of R201 firmware...

Should I use it?

Is it right?