Solution

XBOX ONE FORZA 6

MrColinOliver
3: Seeker

Since I upgraded the firmware to release 

5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.6 Forza 6 will not start a game lobby anymore

I have used the DMZ function for the IP address of the XBOX - does not work

I have changed the DNS servers to be the Google DNS servers on both the Vodafone Router and also by hard coding a fixed IP address and manual DNS entries into the XBOX - either running this change independently or at the same time, it does not work

I have disabled the content filers - does not work

This is the only game affected by this and is the only game I play

Any thoughts out there (aside from play a different game?)

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MrColinOliver

This is an update, I had to change the DNS entries on the XBOX to the following for Forza 6 to be able to join lobbies again:

I did not change these on the router as everything else was working. Hope this remains stable

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@MrColinOliver The recent update seems to have caused a whole raft of issues. There is another user in this thread also reporting issues with Forza 6 so you're not alone. 
I believe the issues have been flagged to Vodafone however a timely fix doesn't appear to be likely at present.

MrColinOliver
Appreciate the response

MrColinOliver

This is an update, I had to change the DNS entries on the XBOX to the following for Forza 6 to be able to join lobbies again:

I did not change these on the router as everything else was working. Hope this remains stable

One more note to add - if you make this change on the Vodafone router, it then bypasses the Vodafone content filtering service. If you have a family and want the content filter to work, best to only make these DNS changes on the XBOX only