You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
binks199
Accepted Solution

k3772 dongle issues with windows 8 !

i have recently got myself a vodafone k3772 dongle but i cannot connect to the internet, i have a hp laptop running windows 8.

the dongle gets signal and connects but has limited connection.

i have used the same dongle in 2 other laptops and it works in both of them, one running xp and the other running vista.

someone please help me !

Message 1 of 34 (10,767 Views)
Rank 21: Instructor V
headcheese

Re: k3772 dongle issues with windows 8 !

Hi,

What's the model of HP latop that you have (it's probably written on the back of the laptop)?

The reason I ask is I've run into a couple of probelms like this with some Windows 8 systems, but not others, so I'm wondering if it's something to do with specific models.

Also, have you installed the Vodafone Mobile Broadband software from the K3772? If so what version is it that you have installed?

If you could let us knwo it woudl be great and we'll probably be able to get to the bottom of things.

Thanks in advance

Message 2 of 34 (10,754 Views)
binks199

thanks for your reply, the details are as follows......

my laptop is HP Pavilion G6

yes i installed k3772 software and the software is 10.3.209.40724

thanks

Message 3 of 34 (10,746 Views)
headcheese

Hi,

Thanks for this, it was the numbers after the G6 bit that I was interested in... any chance you could post this information?

Again, thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 34 (10,739 Views)
binks199

hi,

HP Pavilion G6 - 22445A

thanks

Message 5 of 34 (10,736 Views)
headcheese

Hi,

Thanks for the model information.

I think that you might be able to get things working by:

1) Uninstalling Vodafone Mobile Broadband from prgrams and features int he control pannel

2) Downlaoding, extracting and running the clean up tool that can be obtained here (tick both settings and data when presented with the option)

3) Unplugging the dongle

4) Rebooting your machine 

5) Plugging the dongle back in

Then once you've done this go to the start screen (the crazy new one with all the tiless on it)

Put the mouse in the bottom righ thand corner of the screen to access the charms

Click the cog icon to get at the settings

You might have to click a connections iucon at this point, but you might not. You're looking for a Vodafone UK connection in the "Mobile Broadband" section.

You shoudl be able to click on the Vodafone UK connection to reveal a connect button, and clicking this should get you connected to the web

If clicking connect gives you an error you may have to play around with your APN settings. To get at the APN settings right click on the Vodafone UK connection in the Mobile BRoadband section and click on"View conneciton properties", then click the "profile" tab. Set the "access point" to "Custom" and fill in the Access point name (APN), username and password according to the type of account you have that can be found here.

If you find that the situation is the same, as you had before, or if you run into any further issues then let us know and we'll see what else we can do to help.

Cheers

HC

Message 6 of 34 (10,730 Views)
binks199

hi,

thanks for your swift reply.

do have to be online with my laptop to run this clean up tool ? or can i download it onto another computer and copy it across to mine ?

thanks

Message 7 of 34 (10,724 Views)
headcheese

No worries,

You should be fine downloading it on another PC and then copying it across.

Let us know how you get on and if you run into problems just give us a shout.

Cheers

HC

Message 8 of 34 (10,720 Views)
binks199

hi,

i have run the programme and followed the instructions its one step closer as i no longer have the "limited connectivity" logo in the bottom right of the screen but it still wont access any web pages.

Message 9 of 34 (10,711 Views)
headcheese

So I guess it's progress of sorts, but it's a shame you can't browse web pages.

Can you browse to an IP address?

If you put 74.125.132.103 in the address bar of the web browser and press return does it load the google web page?

In all honesty I don;t think it will, but it woudl be good to rule this out.

I'll have a look into things over the weekend and see if I can work anything else out. Sorry it's not an instant win, but I'll post here if I get any success.

Message 10 of 34 (10,707 Views)
binks199

hi,

no joy on the ip either. 

thanks for your help and keep me posted if you do find a solution

thanks

Message 11 of 34 (10,701 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi binks199,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I have been speaki9ng with our support teams about this for you and I’ve been asked to send you a different version of VMB to use to see if this overcomes the issues that you are facing.

I have sent this to the email address that you have registered on the eForum, please can you let me know how you get on with it?

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 12 of 34 (10,655 Views)
binks199

hi,

thanks for your reply. i have checked my e-mails and cant see the link you have sent me.

thanks

Message 13 of 34 (10,650 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi binks,

I’m sorry but I think this may only have just been sent because of the file size.

You should have it soon and there is an attachment on the email for you to download and install.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 14 of 34 (10,646 Views)
binks199

hi,

thanks for that download, its worked a treat !

thanks once again guys

Message 15 of 34 (10,627 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

[ Edited ]

Hi binks199,

Thats great news.

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

James

Message 16 of 34 (10,624 Views)
hughwrk

hi there i have the same issue can i get the driver also.

thanks

hugh

Message 17 of 34 (10,240 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi hughwrk,

I will get the latest version of VMB (Vodafone Mobile Broadband) software sent over to you in an email shortly which will contain the latest drivers for the K3772 modem.

Simply uninstall the old version and install the version on the email to sort this out.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

Message 18 of 34 (10,221 Views)
headcheese

Just out of interest, what model of HP latop do you have, Hughwkr?

It would be great if you could let us know.

Thanks in advance.

Message 19 of 34 (10,208 Views)
nickdiable

Hi,

I am having the same problem could you email me the download as well please?

Thanks,

Nick

Message 20 of 34 (10,085 Views)