Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

k4201 and missing drivers

sculphead
2: Seeker

Hello,

I purchased a new Huawei k4201 USB modem and the problem is that while I instal the VMB Lite 10.3.401.43721  which is located inside the USB, the device manager keeps saying that "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" and lists K4201 under the "other devices" category.

I tried to locate drivers online both automatically and manually but I found nothing.

I tried to use the VmbCleanup version 1.1.0.37630 in order to install VMB Lite 10.3.407.45991 and VMB Lite 10.3.405.45220 as well but exactly the same thing happens.

Obviously since my computer has no driver the VMB lite doesn't recognize any device.

I am under Windows 8 pro with media center

What shoud I do?

Is there anywhere that I can download just the driver?

Thank in advance for any help.

22 REPLIES 22

Hi.  I have the same issue.  I need the drivers/installation software for my Vodafone K4201 dongle, however none of the links provided on this website seem to work anymore - they all seem to point to the business homepage...

Grateful for any assistance :Smiling:

nanaarezie
No drivers are currently installed, the software installed without installing the drivers. Is there any other way to install the drivers?

Hi nanaarezie,

What operating system are you using?

Some versions of Windows show the dongle as a mass storage device. 

Thanks,

Matt B

nanaarezie
Windows 7 professional 64 bits

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nanaarezie,

Please run the cleanup tool which can be found in the post here. The link can be found at the top of in the last paragraph. 

This should get everything resolved but if you do still have any issues after doing this, take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Jenny

denicoker

Hello, iam was buy a modem Vodafone K4201.

Why can't connect on Windows 7, but if i connect in windows 8 is work..

can you have a solution ?

i was install driver from here too, i click connect and i have message "Mobile Connection setting need to be checked. To allow the Mobile Connection settings ti be checked, please first unplug your LAN cable, or close your Wifi connection."... when i was disable my LAN cable and Wifi.

thanks

Hi denicoker.

Welcome to the eForum.

Please can you uninstall the current software and once removed please reboot.

When you’ve rebooted  install the full version from the following link: https://www.business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/laptop_connectivity...

If you’re still facing issues, please let us know.

Thanks,

Sarah 

@Sarah wrote:

Hi denicoker.

Welcome to the eForum.

Please can you uninstall the current software and once removed please reboot.

When you’ve rebooted  install the full version from the following link: https://www.business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/laptop_connectivity...

If you’re still facing issues, please let us know.

Thanks,

Sarah 

Helo Sarah, i was download the driver and install. but i still have a problem and can't connect my modem to internet.

Please see the attachment file, i was upload the image about my problem

Hi denicoker,

I wonder if this is an issue with your APN settings not being pulled through.

Please follow the advice on the screenshot to access your settings.

You'll then be able to find a field called "Access Point Names", once here enter the settings below:

Name: Vodafone internet

APN: internet

Proxy: Leave blank

Port: Leave blank

Username: web

Password: web

Server: Leave blank

MMSC: Leave blank

MMS proxy: Leave blank

MMS Port: Leave blank

MCC: 234

MNC: 15

Authentication type: None

APN type: default

APN protocol: IPv4

Enable/disable APN: APN enabled

If you are using a Pay as You Go Plan, you should change the APN Value to pp.vodafone.co.uk, the rest of the configurations are the same.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi,

Im using K4201I dongle and facing issue that device not connected.

https://www.business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/laptop_connectivity...

Is software will work in Windows XP ?