Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

k4201 and missing drivers

sculphead
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I purchased a new Huawei k4201 USB modem and the problem is that while I instal the VMB Lite 10.3.401.43721  which is located inside the USB, the device manager keeps saying that "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" and lists K4201 under the "other devices" category.

I tried to locate drivers online both automatically and manually but I found nothing.

I tried to use the VmbCleanup version 1.1.0.37630 in order to install VMB Lite 10.3.407.45991 and VMB Lite 10.3.405.45220 as well but exactly the same thing happens.

Obviously since my computer has no driver the VMB lite doesn't recognize any device.

I am under Windows 8 pro with media center

What shoud I do?

Is there anywhere that I can download just the driver?

Thank in advance for any help.

22 REPLIES 22

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sculphead,

Apologies, we seemed to have missed your post.

Did you get everything sorted or can we help further?

Thanks,

Jenny 

Jenny,

I am having exactly the same issue. I am using a corporate build laptop running Windows 7. The Auto-run feature is disabled. When I insert the USB dongle for the first time windows installs drivers for a CDROM drive...

What I really need is the drivers for this device so I can download them directly and install them; autorun/installation from the USB device is impossible currently.

Regards,

Richard

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi coatesr

You can download the required software and drivers here.

Let me know how you get on.

DaveCD

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that; sorted now.

Best regards,

Richard

Hi coatesr,

I'm glad it's all been sorted :Smiling:

Thanks,

Matt B

I am having a similar issue. I  downloaded and installed the software as directed but the drivers still failed to install. the software is ok but the drivers just wont install and thus i cannot use the modem

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nanaarezie,

Please try uninstalling the old drivers first.

Once done, try to reinstall the new drivers again and this should work.

Thanks,

Jenny

i am having major problems with my vodafone dongle. i had taken the k4203 i first which did not work on my mac air book. Then i have taken the k4201 i which also doesnt work. i have an macbook air and the os is yosemite.

please help

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi VikaasKalantri,

Welcome to the eForum.

At the moment, we don't support the new Yosemite iOS. As and when a firmware update is available for this platform, we'll post it here for download.

Thanks,

Ben