Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Always Best Connected - Timeout

gregmoseley
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I am testing the Always Best Connected settings in the new client version. It is all working as expected except for the timeout when moving from WiFi to Mobile.

If I am on a mobile connection and WiFi becomes available (doing this in a test lab) then the client connects to the WiFi almost instantly and the VPN connection drops one ping. If I then turn the WiFi off it takes 2 1/2 minutes to initiate a mobile connection again.

Is this a Vodafone timeout settings (configurable in the registry of config files somewhere) or a Windows network timeout settting?

Thanks

Greg

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gregmoseley and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post on this.

I’ll be honest, I have absolutely no idea! I’m sure that one of our eForum members will be able to help you with this though.

If not, I’ve sent an email over to one of my colleagues to see if we can find out some information on this. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Wayne

Hi gregmosely,

This is most likely down to the nature of the technology. Once the Wi-Fi becomes too weak, the dongle will search for an appropriate mobile signal and need to "handshake" with it.

Whilst 2 1/2 minutes does sound a little longer than I'd generally expect, it does naturally take a little time to connect to a mobile network once it has been located and identified - think back to the days of the telephone modem screech or how long it takes to reconnect after you've rebooted your modem.

Dave