Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Any issues in Islington N1 Area?

dfrickel
2: Seeker

Hi,

Has there been any issues recently in the Islington N1 Area? Both me and my flat mates have seen our service go from ~3 bars to 0 in most areas. We arn't the only ones that have noticed this either, their have been compliants by some neighbors as well.

Any work going on or issues?

Thanks,

Darren 

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi dfrickel

Can you take a look at our Network Issues - Please Read Before Posting help thread, and then post back your results please?

Thanks

Matt

eForum Team

artkitten
I cannot receive or make calls in N1 and WC1 & W1 today or text.

Hello artkitten,

Please could you take a look at the troubleshooting steps as provided by Matt?

Thanks,

Lee

HI lee & Matt

Yep did this too x

I cannot work out how to make a new thread on here.

I can not make or recieve call or text emergency calls only.  

1). Does the issue happen in just one location? NO all day several locations in London

2). Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes

3). Can you check your coverage here? Please bear in mind that this is only a guideline and can never be 100% accurate, particularly for indoor coverage.

It says I have indoor coverage (rubbish)

4). Can you check our Faults Board, which contains all the mast issues we’re aware of. 

On the bard nothing is mentioned for N1 or London

5). Does this issue happen on 2G/3G or both. To check this, you can amend your phone's network settings, our Help Centre contains all the instructions, just select your model of phone and then select "network". both but i can use the internet for facebook and hotmail

6). What is the full postcode of where the issue occurs (if you’re uncomfortable with this appearing on the forum, then please add it to your profile by clicking “My eForum Settings” on the front page and then selecting “Personal Information”

N1 1EA

7). How far you have to travel to get signal

I have signal but can no make cals or text or recieve.

8). Do you get any error messages/tones if you’re having problems with calling/texting

sometimes

incoreect date and time and sometimes says inactive sim or sometimes vdaphone as normal , there is a phone symbol with an a red line through it.  I have a sony ericsson elm.

Hi Lee

Any joy?

is it true it will take days before I can make and recieve calls again? this is really terrble.

thanks for any help.

Hi artkitten

Thanks for getting back to us with that information.

I have had a look at the local area and there is an issue with site 2722 which has been raised with our engineers under reference 2348442.

With there being quite a few cell sites in that area you should be connecting to others. Do you have to travel far to make a call or aren't you able to wherever you go?

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin

I had receptin and was not able to make or get call anywhere or text.

All barrs were off my phone

Eventually on Thursday a lady from the insurance but not vodaphone called me as the insurance claim for a new/lost phone had not been cancelled and only her company coould authuorise my phone to be in use again and not 'blacklisted' I knew nothing about this and VOdaphone were complately useless in not telling what was happening.

I am very dissappointed in Vodaphone and their dealing with me on this issue.

My phone is now ok again and I can make and recieve calls.

I spend a lot each month on Vodaphone and am shocked that a any cutomer should be misled all the time and given constantly varying and wrong information..

Thanks for getting back to me eventually.

Artkitten