cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can credit left on K3565 dongle be transferred to a new mi-fi unit.

Silvergran
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello. 

We have a K3565 dongle  with over £15 credit still left  on it. The original laptop it was used on is now broken and it does not  work on the chromebook   or  tablet that we now use  when going to  a caravan  a few itmes a year..I am wondering if we bought a new vodafone mi-fi unit instead could this credit be transferred onto it or could the  dongle sim  be used in the mi-fi.

Thanks for any help.

6 REPLIES 6

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Silvergran

We’re unable to transfer credit between accounts. You can put the SIM cards into another device to use the remaining credit though. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny

drj
11: Established

You will have to ask for a refund on the dongle credit you already have.

drj

If anyone suggests you can't get a refund they are lying. Vodafone themselves officially recognised that you can, and I got £14.36 refunded on my dongle.

Thank you. So if I bought a new mi-fi unit would this card be compatible, and   we would be able to use this credit to buy packs? The dongle is 5 years old  and was bought with everlasting credit,it had just been topped up with £15.00  4 months before the rules changed and as it was only used a few times a year it didn't get used up.Problem now is that the original  laptop is broken and the dongle doesn't work on the chromebook or tablet.

drj

My understanding of Vodafone's obstructive systems is that it's not possible to transfer credit from any one account to any other account. Hence my advise to you to get a refund.

drj

My further advice to you would be to use an alternative mobile ISP provider.