Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Content Control / My Device unavailable

ste123
2: Seeker

I want to turn off Content Control but when I go to "My Device" I get this message:

Sorry!

Unfortunately this functionality is currently unavailable.

Please help me, thanks :Smiling:

18 REPLIES 18

ste123
???

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there ste123,

Thanks for your post. I've just sent an email to your registered eForum address. If you can hit reply and fill out the details we'll be with you as soon as we can.

Cheers,

Lee

The e-mail had nothing to do with my problem, all I want is content control to be turned off as it wont let me do it online because the site is "unavailable" - can you please take it off for me?

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ste123

You will need to reply to the email that Lee has sent you with all the information it asks for. Once we have this we’ll then be able to lift your content control bar.

Thanks

Wayne

i have been in to my vodafone shop to have my content control disabled and i am still waitin can any help

Hi enigma489

When the content control bar is removed from the phone you will get a text message letting you know when this has been removed.

If you haven't had this yet, then please reply to the email I have just sent and we can make sure that it is removed.

Thanks

Martin 

What's the point of telling folk they can remove the content control online if the service is always unavailable? My daughter has the same problem with her brand new 30 day dongle.....never had content control on the last one and the previous 2 yr monthly contract finished last week. So is this something recent? Vodafone already know she's over 18 from the last credit check.

I also see that someone has gone to a Vodafone shop and it still hasn't been lifted. So do I waste fuel and parking costs on a wild goose chase taking my daughter to our nearest Vodafone shop miles away just to show ID as she does not have a credit card only debit card?  A fully working website would be much more suitable. How the hell do people way out in the sticks get theirs removed if a Vodafone store is 50 mls away, no credit card and constant error message on the website My Account?  The website is just a joke. I gave up trying to check my own account online ages ago,

Hi Madmick

With your daughter being on a contract she won't need to have a credit card to remove the content control bar as long as it is her name.

We can also help with this so I have sent you an email, if the account holder of the number that wants the bar removed replies we can get it sorted.

Thanks

Martin

don't worry..spent the fuel and car park fees now on going to the Vodafone shop...took about 10 seconds and didn't even ask to see her ID. Problem solved.