Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Content Control "Temporary Fault"

lowbar76
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I've been a mobile broadband customer for over 2 years now and not had any trouble with content control until the past month.

On a few occasions I have been denied access to sites due to a temporary fault preventing Vodafone from recognising that I have content control, so as a safety precaution blocking my access.

I called 191 twice tonight.  The first call, the chap reset my settings on my main mobile account rather than my mobile boradband account.  The second time I was advised to remove my mobile broadband sim from the dongle, put it in my mobile for 5 minutes, and then switch it back.  I was promised a call back within 15 minutes of my call (approx 7.40pm) to see if this worked and to see if there was anything else they could do.

The call never came and now they are shut.

Both times they said that they could recognise my content control had been lifted - so what is this "temporary fault", why have i seen it twice in the past month, and when the hell is it going to be fixed?

And should I give up on my call back now they've all seemingly gone home for the night where-ever I'm transferred to?

Just signed up for another 18 month on this contract so am far from happy at the moment. 

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi lowbar76,

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the content control service.

I have taken a look at our email system and can see that our email team have replied to you regarding your issues, can you confirm if you are now able to access the sites you require.

James

eForum Team

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query, please complete our short feedback survey.

I'm having similer problems, for a while now i've had no problems with my pay as you go dongal but right now, there is a site i normally like to go on, even though i dont believe its adult rated i do have content control removed. I recieve this message when i try to go on the site

'Unfortunately due to a temporary fault we are unable to confirm if you have removed Content control.
As a precautionary measure, Content control has blocked access to this site until your status can be confirmed. Please try again later.'

Is there a number i could call to get this sorted out, if there is just a temporary problem is there any way of finding out roughly how long for? Do i do something or just wait it out?

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there davee24,

Thanks for your post about this. I can understand your frustration.

You can call 191 from any Vodafone handset to check this out or you can reply to my email and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. In the reply, could you also include the number associated with the dongle if you know it?

Cheers,

Lee