Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Credit Default

wilmotd
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, just trying to find the right Vodafone employee to direct me where I need to go.

Back in university in 2010 I had a Vodafone dongle, as soon as university finished I moved house thinking that the term of my contract with Vodafone had expired and I had no reason to carry on paying.  However, upon looking at my credit file I can see that Vodafone have placed a default on my file for a missed payment which is severely affecting my credit score as it's the only black mark I have.  The amount owed is 15 pound which I have no problem with paying but am I able to have the default removed as I never received any sort of correspondance regarding this payment and still wouldn't of had I not checked my credit file.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dean

25 REPLIES 25

I had a mobile dongle last year while house sitting cancelled it and thought I'd made the last monthly payment.

It was registered to the temporary address which I can no longer get mail from. I guess this was my mistake.

I now find like others here I have had my credit record ruined over £54 of debt which I may dispute as I don't undeterstand what this is for. My monthly payment was only £20.

According to this forum the damage has been done there is now no point in me sorting this out with Vodafone as they will refuse to remove the default even if I pay?

Hi @29012015,

So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

I have just applied for a mortgage and have been knocked back as I have an outstanding balance of £39 from 2013... as far as I was aware the contract ended I was all payed up but not according to Experian... so I spoke to a representative on online chat but he couldn't find me details as I can't remember the phone number and he gave me a phone number to ring but you can only speak to someone if you know the number your talking about..! 

@Mallinson1982 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

In my opinion, Vodafone only believe what you record in system no matter it's right or wrong. Is there a flaw in your system? NobodY knows.
It has been more than 5 years, and I just found out yesterday, how can i dispute the charge on my account? I tried to contact Vodafone customer service for the whole yesterday, to be honest these people from Egypt are even worse than Indians, at least customer services from India try to help. Anyway there is not much options for me, the account I had with Vodafone was cancelled, there is no other options except clear the balance! I have to clear the outstanding on my accounts but it doesn't mean I admit I owed that amount of money to Vodafone. I hope you appreciate what I write here. I know what you relied is true as well, but we are all human beings, law are created by people, so there is no absolute right or wrong. I don't think you want to have a angry ex-customer who would not recommend Vodafone to anyone, instead you will like have a satifised ex-customer who might think to reconsider Vodafone. I really think Vodafone should improve the customer service waiting time, and should be more reasonable .

All I want is to remove default here, I know you contributed what you think it's right, but can I speak or write to credit referral team or the team who deals with credit appeals?

Many thanks
Sisi

Why the reply i sent was deleted?

I am just wondering if anyone from Vodafone helped this post can also help me please?

many thanks

Sisi