Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data Roaming in Europe

Blue26
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Having been in Europe on buiness last week I discover that I can no longer get the equivalent of Euro Traveller on a new data plan for my iPad Air (like I used to have on a contract I took out in 2012 for an iPad 2). Instead I get repeated texts telling me how much I have spent (a lot quite quickly) and giving me a number to call to buy more data at a lower rate.

So to get a respectable data rate in Europe I now have to phone Vodafone and buy extra data every time I travel and that extra capacity is only valid for 30 days! Are you serious?

Who on earth wants to go through the complete pantomime of the tedious customer service routine to do this? It's a miracle if you can find the right option to get to speak to somone let alone find the time to do it. Come on, this is rubbish. Also, because it's a data-only plan, you can't even text in to opt in to the more reasonable rate. If in 2014 this is the best you can do, you have to be joking.

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Blue26,

Welcome to the eForum.

I’m sorry to hear you feel this way.

We don’t currently offer Data Roaming bundles at the moment, but you can find further help and information on this here.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah, appreciate your reply but that seems a pretty poor state of affairs especially in view of the immensely inconvenient option for getting a better data rate. I hadn't really considered taking my 6 accounts elsewhere until now.

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Blue26, 

We can feed any comments and suggestions back into the business.  Whilst it's not available at the moment, it doesn't mean it won't be in the future.  

Keep an eye online for any changes.  

Thanks, 

Phil

A couple of follow on experiences. No better I am afraid. Went to the USA 2 weeks ago. Checked the Vodafone website first. Ah, good for £5 per day I can get UK rates on data for my iPhone and iPad (no suggestion that you can't). Called 191. Usual useless and inappropriate list of options to get any help on adding this option, epic wait and clueless people. After 30 mins I was told that Data Traveller had been added to both. 30 minutes to do this!! Then 5 mins later a text to say that it couldn't be added to myiPad after all!! What! You have to be joking! So £25/day wile on the trip for iPad use, no option. I thought ##### Turpin was dead!

Today went to Europe. Got a text from Vodafone explaining to me that I could get a better data rate on my iPad. Just call 191. Usual impossible task to navigate to the right option to actually get to speak to anyone about this. Spoke to 3 people, passed from one to another, all clueless, all of whom offered to add Euro Traveller to the number I had quoted. I TOLD THEM that wasn't going to work as the number was for an iPad. Eventually got the better rate. 23 mins to do it.

I am lost for words to be honest. UTTERLY ABYSMAL, let's try that.

If you have an iPad and have any intention of using abroad on 3G, GO TO ANOTHER PROVIDER THAN VODAFONE