Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data Usage

winneog
4: Newbie

I am on PAYG with a freedom freeby pack, how do i check how much of my allocated data i have used and how much is remaining. Please dont say log into your account and it tells you becouse it does not it tells me how many minuts and texts ive used but not how much of my internet dataive used. is there a downloadable App so i can moniter my usage or something i need to set up on my account page or is it that you just run out then get charged even more for going over your paid for limit..

7 REPLIES 7

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi winneog

Thank you for your post and it is great to see you.:smileyhappy:

There is a data counter on the Vodafone Mobile Broadband software.

This is something that has been raised and if we hear of any developments we will let you know.

Let me know how you get on.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

I think you misunderstood my question. My question relates to the use of a freedom freeby pack on a smart phone not a dongle for my computer. If i buy a £10 freedom freeby pack for my phone this gives me a set amount of minits 100, texts 300 and web 50MB (data) time (checking facebook etc). My question is on my vodafone PAYG account page it tells me how many minits ive used and got left, how many texts ive sent and got left, how many days are left on my pack, but not how much of my allocated Data limit ive used, so how can i meter my usage so i dont run out of or go over my allocated level..

Hi winneog,

When it comes to the packs on a normal Voice PAYG account, the data allowance shows when you log into your online account under the amount of minutes and texts that you have remaining.

It is only the dongles where this doesn’t appear however we are in the process of getting this updated.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

So using a PAYG account with a freedom freebie pack How do i know over the 30 days how much web access time i have used or got left, ??..Or is this information not available and i just have to guese how much ive used..

James it dosent show, it shows how many minuts used and left, how many texts used and left and how many days left on the data plan but not how much data used or left. i have looked on my account page on here and using the myvodafone app on my phone. 

Hi winneog

Thanks for coming back to us here.

It looks like James has made a mistake with this so I’ll let him know so he’s aware for future reference.

I can confirm that there is currently no way of tracking in real time the data remaining in your data pack. Only the days left.

The best thing to do would be to download some sort of data usage app to your handset and monitor it from there. I’ll leave this one to our other eForum members to suggest the best sort of apps to use.

Thanks

Wayne

i find this odd as if i was on a pay monthly plan then the 'my account' page would show this information and the 'My Vodafone App' also shows this information. A friend of mine who is on a vodafone pay monthly plan showed me her account ,so it is possible but only if you sign up to a contract.