Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Dongle won't connect using Mac

weima
2: Seeker

I cannot get my Vodafone K3565 PAYG dongle to connect on my Mac OS X 10.7.3. I have reinstalled the software but still get the same message about 'could not open network connection' etc 

The dongle worked fine on my PC and it still has plenty of credit.

Please can someone advise me how to get it to work?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

weima

I forgot to say I have downloaded the following 'Free Download for the latest version of Vodafone Mobile Broadband Software for 4.07.03.00' from the Vodafone website

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi weima,

To be honest when it comes to this error message it would usually indicate that the settings within the VMB software are set to connect to the contract settings rather than PAYG.

Can I ask for you to open the dashboard and check the connections settings are as follows;

Depending on the Price Plan you are on you will need one of the following;

Type                                                           APN          Username and password

£15 for 1GB no expiry                            pp.internet                       web

£15 for 2GB expires after 30 days          ppbundle.internet            web

£5 for 250 MB                                        smart                                web

James

Thanks for your reply and sorry I haven't responded soon but I've been away.

I'm not really understanding what you want me to do as I'm a bit of a technophobe.

I've attached a couple of screen shots and FYI I have £25.54 on the dongle

Thank you

Claire

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi weima

Thank you for your post and the additional information.

So the screenshots show you have the correct APN settings.

Please can you take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions for mobile broadband, please follow the link for the questions and let me know how you get on.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team