cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

E172 Dongle - How do I connect to my wireless router?

Bob Berry
Not applicable
I have just purchsed a Sitecom WL-610 wireless router for use with my E172 Vodafone dongle. I cn coonect to the router but this dos'ne connect to the internet. The blue light on the dongle flashes but dos'nt connect.
Can you give me some guidence on the set up details, at present in the wizard setup I am using the following,
Network Connection
user name - web
pasword - web
pin - 0255 ( sim pin provided)
APN - pp.internet

Advanced ppp settings
user - blank
password - blank

When I put the dongle direct into the computer it works with no problem.

Thanks for your help

Bob Berry
7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Holly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Bob,

Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do please?

Are you trying to use the router to transmit the connection from the dongle over a wider area thus allowing multiple connections? If so what kind of hardware setup are you using?

Also is this a PAYT or contract dongle? Then we can check your using the right APN etc.:)

Thanks

Holly

Bob Berry
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Can you be more specific about what you are trying to do please?

Are you trying to use the router to transmit the connection from the dongle over a wider area thus allowing multiple connections? If so what kind of hardware setup are you using?

Also is this a PAYT or contract dongle? Then we can check your using the right APN etc.

Thanks

Holly

Holly.
Yes, I would like multiple connections for other family members. I have a contract dongle and have used sitecom connection wizard to set up the hardware. The parameters used are in my previous posting.

Thanks

Bob

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Bob,

The dongles aren't specifically designed for this purpose - they're designed to work with the VMC software on a PC, laptop or MAC, and because of this barring one model of Lynksys router, we don't provide specific support for trying to do this. Does the router state in it's documentation that it is compatible for this purpose with this model of dongle?

You'll find our available router options for this purpose here.

DaveN

eForum Team

Bob Berry
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

The dongles aren't specifically designed for this purpose - they're designed to work with the VMC software on a PC, laptop or MAC, and because of this barring one model of Lynksys router, we don't provide specific support for trying to do this. Does the router state in it's documentation that it is compatible for this purpose with this model of dongle?

You'll find our available router options for this purpose here.

DaveN

eForum Team

Yes, Sitecom have confirmed this dongle is compatible with the router, albeit Vodafone may have changed the connection parameters?

Bob

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi bberry

The connection parameters are:

APN internet
username web
password web

You might want to make sure you have the latest firmware uploaded on your E172.

what is sitecom? I've never come across them as such

What router are you using?

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Bob Berry
Not applicable

Hi bberry

The connection parameters are:

APN internet
username web
password web

You might want to make sure you have the latest firmware uploaded on your E172.

what is sitecom? I've never come across them as such

What router are you using?

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Ben,
Thanks I will try these,
Sitecom is the manufactures / suppliers of modems, routers etc. (www.sitecom.com)
My router is WL-610 3G Ready (or not!)
Bob

Yes, I know this is an old posting, but in case someone else tries to connect other dongles to the WL-610 Sitecom router, PLEASE NOTE, it ONLY Officially Supports the E220 dongle.