Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I find the phone Number?

Pentoman
2: Seeker
Can anyone help me find the phone number for a brand new non-4g PAYG mobile wifi?

It's not on the box
It's not in the box
It's not on the device itself
Then I tried the vodafone website instructions and:
It doesn't show up when connected to a computer. It installed some software that does nothing.
It doesn't show up when using the vodafone mobile wifi iPad app (just some usage data and some other boxes that ask for a 'password' we do not have or need).

So where do I get the phone number? Come on, it can't really be this hard can it?!! Maybe something is obvious and I haven't seen it. Please help.
5 REPLIES 5

Pentoman

Come on voda...

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. I have carried out a google search and found these two possible solutions.

In Vodafone Mobile Connect software, go to the Help menu, then Diagnostics. This will tell you your hardware firmware-version, IMEI, IMSI, and your own number.

Normally you'd be able to view on the left hand side of the mobile connect dashboard, under the heading of service info.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

I don't have the mobile connect software. I have "Vodafone mobile wi-fi" software, which came on the wi-fi device, but it does not work. Launcher.exe just hangs :Sad_face:

This page is supposed to contain the instructions:

http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1000&PARTITION_ID=1&CMD=BROWS...

"On my mobile Wi-Fi

To find your mobile broadband number, you’ll need to connect your laptop or PC to your mobile Wi-Fi device.. When you’ve done this, you can see details about your mobile Wi-Fi (including your number) on your dashboard. You’ll often find this information on the bottom right-hand side of your computer. Just click on the mobile Wi-Fi device icon and it should be displayed."

It's for reasons like this that I'm actually in the process of moving my business' accounts to 3. Well, this and the terrible rural reception. And the lack of 3G signal anywhere. And the price.

Thank you for the attempt to help :).

63johnw

I am not really familiar with the device, does it have a sim in it? if yes can you not put it in a phone and then try and make a call or send a text, or even use the phone to look up the number?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Pentoman ,

Welcome to the eForum.

The mobile number associated with the SIM card should be on the receipt you got. If the dashboard isn't loading, let me know which operating system you're using.

You can also check for software updates for the driver here.

Cheers,

Ben