Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet connection

Broadwaygirl60
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I purchased a mi-fi dongle R206 dongle last year.  After finally getting it registered on the Vodafone network, I was all set to use it.  My main aim is to use it while away camping in our motorhome.  Unfortunately to date, I have been unable to connect to it at all.  Last weekend we were away near to Morthoe(near Ilfracombe) and I purchased by phone a £5 data pack and my wi-fi app was showing an excellent connection to my i-pad, laptop and phone but unfortunately none of them were able to connect to the internet.  Is this because there is no 4G signal in that area?  Where I live we only have 2G so I am unable to try it at home, I had to resort to taking it to Tesco (Helston, Cornwall )with me this morning to try it but again I had an excellent signal but no internet connection.  I would have liked to have phoned someone at Vodafone to ask firstly whether my £5 data pack is registered and also why I am continually unable to get an internet signal. At the moment neither my app nor my account on my PC is showing how much data I have.   Before I bought the mi-fi I used to just connect to my laptop with a dongle using 3 network.  I was hoping to 'move forward' with this new mi-fi but its not happening.  Vodafone seem to deliberately direct you away from contacting them as I have tried several times to phone, but the menus are so confusing you end up going down blind alleys all the time.  Can I please speak with someone to see how I can move forward.  Many thanks  Sue Bray

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Wayne