Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3565 Rev 2 Windows 8 Issues!

spurx1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Huawei K3565 rev 2 dongle on pay as you go and this has worked ok on my windows xp laptop, i have just bought a Acer Aspire E1-571 laptop which is running Windows 8 and the laptop does not recognise the dongle. I have downloaded the latest Vodafone mobile broadband software and that launches when i insert the dongle but i get nothing else....with the software running it just picks up all the wireless networks by me. Probably just need some drivers i guess....please help!

Thanks

35 REPLIES 35

drj
11: Established

Can you connect to the Vodafone site? If so it's the change from non-expiring to expiring data that might have trapped you

Are you set to PP.INTERNET?

I have to say I've now abanodonned my dongle and upgraded to Windows 8.1 so I don't know whether the software still works on that platform - it was always very shakey on Windows 8.

drj

The software I was using is linked from message #11

drj

I also am having problems trying to use the K3565 - Rev 2 dongle on my new Dell XPS-12 running Windows 8 Pro.

The installation program loads off the dongle and gets nearly to the end but hangs as shown on the attached screenshot. If I then click OK it rolls back and uninstalls.

I've tried a reboot of the computer but there's no improvement.

I've been using the dongle perfectly happily on my old Dell laptop under XPSP3 and that's running software Version 9.3.5.11690 Huawei without a problem

Please send me the software required to get it running on my new computer.

I was sent this and it works for me on Win8. No future upgrades, though... support is apparently now disabled (how kind!)

http://tinyurl.com/p5clt6e

Andy

Thank you for that link.

I've now spend nearly two hours trying to get things to work.

After a lot of problems extracting the files and loading the program I've eventually got "Vodafone-Mobile-Broadband-10.3.210.41379RC1-full.uncompressed" working and it recognises my K3565 - Rev2 dongle. Things look as I suspect they should in the program (though I've not used it before having been using Mobile Connect on the old computer).

However trying to connect initially I got RAS628 errors, and then latterly RAS720 errors (after trying to connect with wifi still enabled - though still get that now with it switched off) - see screenshots.

I've altered it to "Other PAYG" and believe I've tried the other "fixes" suggested there and at other places on this forum relating about those error codes. I've done several reboots.

Help please. If possible I think I'd prefer to go back to Mobile Connect if Mobile Broadband won't work.

ah yes, i forgot, I did need to change the apn to:

apn: pp.internet
user web pass web

Not sure if this is your issue, though. 

This was the only software I could get to work at all with the Rev 2 on Win8. 

I'm sorry, I was just sharing what worked for me. I'm just a user too... 

Cheers, Andy.

I think we are being told to get another dongle, really. Mine is the non-expiring payg type which I use pretty rarely as  a backup if I'm stuck without wifi.  I think Vodafone want rid non-expiring dongles because they make no money on them.

Andy

AP wrote: "I'm sorry, I was just sharing what worked for me. I'm just a user too... "

Oh yes - I fully realise that - thank you for jumping in at the weekend to try and help!

AP wrote: "I think we are being told to get another dongle, really. Mine is the non-expiring payg type which I use pretty rarely as  a backup if I'm stuck without wifi.  I think Vodafone want rid non-expiring dongles because they make no money on them."

Yes - I only use about £2 worth of credit on an occasional weekend away from home. So I must retain this dongle. I'm having other problems with the Dell XPS-12 to be honest so it might have to go back in any case. Currently I'm doing diagnostics so can't check the seettings you've mentioned above.

If its any consolation it took me hours to get it to work too, but it did work in the end with this software and the corrected apn setting. (and my job, ironically, is tech support - obviously not for this product...!)

I'm a bit p*ed off with vodafone for  desupporting a product like this for no real good reason, apparently, but I guess the world moves on and leaves me behind...

Andy

AP wrote: "ah yes, i forgot, I did need to change the apn to:

apn: pp.internet
user web pass web"

The APN setting is presently PP.VODAFONE.CO.UK - but I can't find out how to change it. Can you please suggest where I go to?