Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3565 non-expiring SIM activation problem

Yonderly
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a new unused K3565 dongle with a non-expiring SIM card. Everytime I try and connect to the internet I get the same message that the mobile device needs to be activated. I have emailed activate@vodafone.co.uk twice, and have had no response whatsoever.

I've also requested help via the webform and have got nowhere. How on earth do you activate the SIM card????

11 REPLIES 11

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Yonderly,

The SIM will normally activate once you have topped it up however so we can check the SIM for you I have sent you a quick PM with details on how to contact our team directly.

Once you have done this one of our team will be able to investigate the issue at account level for you.

When you do this please also remember to include the SIM number for the dongle so the account can be located.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

Hi I'm in a similar situation. I can't top up my sim as I don't have the phone number. I've tried putting the sim into a mobile phone but I can't proceed as it requires the sim passcode. I have tried entering 0000 but no joy.

So it looks like without the phone number I can't actually top up the non-expiring SIM?

I've tried emailing support but the response times are just hopeless. Are you able to advise how to proceed? 

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi wrolla

Thanks for your post. I've sent a PM across to you with the details of how to contact us directly. If you could also include the details as per James' post above we'll be able to assist further.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon

Thanks, it looks like my sim may have lapsed due to lack of activity :Sad_face:

same here. Is there nothing that can be done? I've lost all my credit. This is not a good show by Voda. I got a non-expiring so there was always something there on an emergency machine.

R.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rheumatoid

Thank you for your posts and it is great to see you here.

Unfortunately if a SIM has not been used for a long period of time it becomes inactive and the only method would be to get  a new free SIM from your local Vodafone store or by ordering online.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Dave are you saying they can get a new non expiry sim card ?  

When my mates run out the vodafone shop told him that was that throw the dongle away.  He didnt of course, just got in unlocked and got another providers sim

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi roli,

Unfortunately Dave is correct, basically one your current SIM becomes deactivated and disconnected from the network it does mean that we can’t get you a new SIM with the same package as it is no longer available.

However, we can get a new SIM for you on one of our current packages.

James

James,

Vodafone stores do not want to know anything about solving problems with devices purchased online. Surely you know this so why waste folks time suggesting they pop into the local Vodafone store?