Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3570-Z will not connect. Used to work, now RAS 635 and 619

gdp2802
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, new to the forum and hoping I can get some help as the dongle is used by my v elderly mother to keep in touch with friends and family.

We seem to be suffering a common error, but having searched through here and tried many possible solutions we are still no further forward.  So here goes..

K3570-z dongle on payg, laptop running Win XP and up to date with all updates.

When first purchased we had the old RAS 635 problem intermittently, and eventually that was solved by downloading Voda Mobile Broadband 10.1.108.29105.  All has been well until recently and now the RAS 635 error has re-appeared as a permanent "feature". 

What we have tried:

Completely removing all VMB software and going back to VMB lite

Re-installing VMB 10.1.108.29105

Checking the VMB s/w is set to payg, username and p/w are web

removing the dongle from the network connections in device manager and starting again

downloading/installing lastest VMB s/w 10.2.302.33178

Tried connecting via XP's network connections but get the message "dial tone not present " Ras 619.

Every time we plug the dongle in (same usb port each time) windows detects the device and tries to install it but then fails (cannot find software) with the message "device may not work properly".  Have tried directing xp to look for s/w on the device, but still does not work.

The device is detected by VMB s/w (all versions), and network strength is at least 3 bars.  The device flashes blue, so it seems to be in touch with the network.

Grateful for any help.  As I said, my mother relies on this for keeping in touch with extended family and friends.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gdp2802

Thank you for your first post and a very warm welcome to the eForum from myself and the team, it is great to see you here. :smileyhappy:

Please could you take a look at our Mobile Broadband Help thread and follow the troubleshooting for these error codes, please post any results back here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Tried every tip and trick I could find with no luck.  Wasted virtually an entire day

Downloaded and installed "Join Air" and it worked first time.  Only downside is that we cannot view payg balance.

It must be the Voda software which, based upon my experience (and seemingly that of many others on here),  has some inherent problems which no-one knows the answer to.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gdp2802

Thank you for your post.:smileyhappy:

I am pleased you have found a workaround although not fully functional, I have investigated this a bit further and came across a similar thread which I believe will help.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team