Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3760 - Win7

Jarisleif
Not applicable
Hi,

I am trying to install my Dongle onto my laptop, with Windows 7 as its OS and no matter what I try, I cannot get this to work.

When I click my Internet Access icon in the system tray, it shows my home wireless ISP connection, and above that is Vodafone Mobile Connect which says 'This connection is not available because their is a problem with your modem or network adapter'. The Mobile Connect screen also shows 'No device'. I have downloaded the latest update after searching online, and I still cannot get this dongle to connect.

Are there any solutions that work which I haven't seen?

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Jarisleif,

The first thing I would recommend trying, is to install the latest version of Vodafone Mobile Connect from here.

If you're still seeing "No Device" messages, would it be possible for you to take a look in Device Manager in Control Panel, with the Modems category expanded, and tell us what is present? A screenshot here would be a big help too :)

Jon

eForum Team

Jarisleif
Not applicable
Hi,

I have reinstalled and still have the 'no device' problem, and it looks like there isn't a modems category in the Device Manager. There is a network adapters category though. Screenshot is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?nwtijjggkzu

Thanks in advance.

Retired-Daz_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi here Jarisleif,

I've just spoken to Jon and he's familiar with this - can you please take a peek at this thread? it details a solution - let us know how you get on! :)

Daz

eForum Team

Jarisleif
Not applicable
Excellent, thanks very much. That did the trick and it now works :)

Hi

I have the same/similar issue with a K3760 on Win 7 64bit (works fine on  Win 7 32 bit).  Device is not visible in Modems in Control Panel Devices or in latest version of V Mobile Broadband COnnect - 10.2.302.

Any ideas - I can't see the 'solution' referred to in the previous post on this conversation.

Thx

Paul

I found the extra bit of installation code, and after running this, the modem appeared in the Devices, and I was able to connect. Hope this has resolved the issue.

Hi gpwmcintosh,

Many thanks for the update, it's great to see you're now able to connect :Smiling:

Should you have any further questions, you know where we are.

Thanks

Andy