Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3770 3G mobile broadband modem settings via a Zoom 4506 or 4501 mobile router

glamorganalun
2: Seeker

Hi there, I have a K3770 PAYG Vodafone 3G stick and it works fine with my Windows 7 notebook. The problem I have is I have mobile router from Zoom and they have kindly given me an engineering build to use the modem with their mobile router type 4506. I have updated the firmware in the router but I don't know the settings to enable the stick to interface to the vodafone network (UK). I have been on line but had no luck with the settings needed, can't anyone supply the following information below. I have used this router with the Three stick and worked very well but at £10/month I have switched to Vodafone at half this price but quarter the data allowance that meets my needs.

APN:

PIN Code:

dialed number:

Account:

Password:

Thanks

Alun Thomas

P.S. If anyone else needs the firmware for the mobile routers 4501 and 4506 they should be on the Zoom support site in the near future.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

My problem has been solved by the support team at Zoom working remotely on my computer/router/modem. The setting are as follows with the K3770 modem and the Zoom N routers using the vodafone PAYG with two 30 day 0.25Gbit allowance.

APN: SMART

account:web

Password:(blank)

pin:(blank)

dialled number:(blank with this router)

As I stated, I have an engineering build of the software but the official build will be posted on the Zoom support web site in the near future, see below.

If you want to go mobile or improve your signal by positioning the modem near a window or share the web access these routers will do the job. The above information is for PAYG and may require other settings. I have also used this router with the Three network, O2 and Orange (contract).

http://www.zoomtel.com/techsupport/mobile_broadband/mobile_broadband_4501.shtml

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

glamorganalun

For more information about I have tied the earlier post, I have a 60 day PAYG K3770 i.e.,

The standard settings for the non time expiring data allowance dongle are:

APN – pp.internet.co.uk

Username – web

Password  - web

The settings for the 30 day time expiring data allowance dongle are:

APN – pp.bundle.co.uk

Username – web

Password  - web

Finally the new 60 day time expiring 500Mb data allowance dongle settings are:

APN – SMART

Username – web

Password  - web

If I can't get this to work it will be back to my more expensive Three PAYG stick, with the Three setting the O2 stick works without changes, I assume they must use the same network?

Hi,

Just an update on progress using my 4506 mobile router with the Vodafone K3770 modem, I have a second engineering build for the router, the router is seeing the modem and goes through the connection routine but after the welcome the link is timing out. I have sent the information back to Zoom with the log file hopefully getting a new firmware update.

The settings for the K3770 are as follows for the modem (pay as you go):

APN: pp.vodafon.co.uk

account:wap

Password:wap

pin:0000

dialled number:*99#

I hope at the end of this anyone with the K3770 can use the very good Zoom battery powered mobile n router much better than the dedicated Three mobile router.

Hi there glamorganalun,

Thanks for updating the thread.

So far as I can see, the dongle works as expected, except for when it's connected to the router you've been supplied with.

Unfortunately we're unable to help with router set-up and will have to refer you to the manufacturer of the router.

Sorry,

Lee

Hi,

My problem has been solved by the support team at Zoom working remotely on my computer/router/modem. The setting are as follows with the K3770 modem and the Zoom N routers using the vodafone PAYG with two 30 day 0.25Gbit allowance.

APN: SMART

account:web

Password:(blank)

pin:(blank)

dialled number:(blank with this router)

As I stated, I have an engineering build of the software but the official build will be posted on the Zoom support web site in the near future, see below.

If you want to go mobile or improve your signal by positioning the modem near a window or share the web access these routers will do the job. The above information is for PAYG and may require other settings. I have also used this router with the Three network, O2 and Orange (contract).

http://www.zoomtel.com/techsupport/mobile_broadband/mobile_broadband_4501.shtml