Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3805-Z Blue Screen

mrgbush
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this, I have a Dell Latitude D620  and a K3805-z vodafone donle with the latest software from the site.

The dongle once inserted works fine I get a signal and all is great however if I then disconnect the dongle (after removing safelty through windows) and reconnect it again without restarting the laptop blue screens saying there is a disk error.

I have tried many different ways to close the software etc are there any processes that still run in the background that might be causing this?

I dont believe this to be an OS issue as the laptop build is a fresh XP SP3 build with no software on other than office and Vodafone mobile broadband.

I dont understand why the dongle works on a one hit wonder basis.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Hi mrgbush,

I must admit that I’m not too sure about this one as it is a little beyond my current area of expertise and as I don’t have any support in at this time of night I can’t give you an answer at the moment.

However, I will pass your post onto our day team who will be able to speak with our support teams to get you the support you need.

James

eForum Team

Having reviewed logs I can see that problem is definitely caused by BeCrypt Encryption Filter Driver (bcenc32.sys). When you plug in the dongle the BeCrypt seems to kick in and results in BSOD, causing a conflict with K3805-Z driver.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: bcenc32.sys

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.

# File Name:
# bcenc32.sys
# Category:
# System process
# Company:
# BeCrypt Ltd.

Try updating your BeCrypt software if an update is available.

Which version of VMB are you using? If it's 9.4.8, try downloading VMB 10.2.300 from here

headcheese
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi,

Certain versions fo Becrypt diskprotect will blue screen when using the K3805-Z due to the way that the drivers for the device present the psuedo CD ROM drive and SD slot in conjunction with the diskprotect software trying to address these components.

The CD ROM and SD slot functionality of the modem can be disabled by sending the command at%usbmodem=0 to the K3805-Z, thus resolving the blue screen issue. The CD ROM and SD slot functionality can be re-enabled by sending the command at%usbmodem=1 to the K3805-Z. If you're running XP you can send the commands to the modem using a hyperterminal session direct to the com port the modem driver is installed on (found in the modem's properties in phone and modem options), if you're running Windows 7 you'll need to download a terminal (Putty for example) and use it ina similar manner. In both cases you'll need to set the speed of the serial port to 961200. If you don't see any text in the terminal windows when you type it's because the local echo is turned off. This can be turned on using the command ATE1 then pressing return.

Please be aware that by disabling the CD ROM functionality of the device it will no longer plug and play and install the Vodafone Mobile Connect software as this installer is instigated from the psuedo CD-ROM of the device itself. Installing the full version of Vodafone Mobile Broadband on any new systems you wish to use the K3805-Z (prior to inserting the modem) should give you fully functional Vodafone Mobile Broadband software and K3805-Z.

I hope this helps.

If the SD slot and CD ROM functionality are disabled installing the full version of Vodafone Mobile Broadband then inserting the modem should give full functionality.

The VMB software can be downloaded from here:

http://www.business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/laptop_connectivity/...