Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K3805-Z, Linux, DNS Address Help

mctoon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The said dongle works fine with vista, but using Suse Linux i can connect and am assigned an IP address, but when i try to connect to the web there is no traffic.  I have since found out that Vodafone DNS , DHCP ,GATEWAY server keep changig addresses under vista.  I would like to know if ther are static addresses for the servers so i can connect through Suse

Cheers Mal

6 REPLIES 6

Neil_Brown
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Mal - I can't answer your question as such, and I don't know what components you are using in Suse, but, if you were happy to try another component, the Vodafone Mobile Connect Card drivers for Suse might do the trick; support for K805-Z was added some time back, if memory serves correctly.

Neil

Cheers Niel,,

I use Network manager to connect through Suse (version 12.1).  The dongle is recognised and connects to "something" as i get an IP address assigned,  10.138.81.115, this IP address changes everytime you connect.  Thing is there is no route address which seems to me there isnt a default gateway.  As i said before the through vista the gateway, dhcp and dns server addresses keep changing when you connect.  If you try to input these addresses manually it still wont pass traffic.  I did once get it to connect but i think that was more luck then judgement, which proves it could work

Cheers Mal

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

To be honest I’m not too sure about this one as we don’t see many users connecting with Linux using Suse however, having taken a look into this you may find our Linux support pages (betavine) of some use as there is some documentation regarding using Suee to connect.

James

Thanks for the reply fellas, I tried the links but as i am using Suse 12.1 there are dependency erros.  Do you know if vodafone do any other dongles that would work with Linux.  After a bit of research i believe the E220 would work, are these still available from vodafone?,, Cheers Mal

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey mctoon,

Thanks for coming back.

I'll have to find out about the E220 for you. Bear with me as I've got no access to stock levels right now and I should be back to you in the morning :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Lee

Hey mctoon,

I'm back, as promised :Winking_smiley:

I'm afraid there are no e220's in stock but you might be able to source one from a third party.

Cheers,

Lee