Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K4201-Z installation problem and network issue

sara_scott
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a new dongle.  Immediately when I plugged it in I got a message that I would need to manually configure inorder to connect.  When I try to configure manually, the settings that allow APN to be entered just don't show up.  My dongle shows a connection, but I can't use internet or email.  I have purchased £20 additional data and still no better.  Plus my dongle 'window' doesn't show the data I purchased.  The settings window I'm looking for is shown as an attachment...I can't open it

5 REPLIES 5

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @sara_scott

Which platform are you trying to use the dongle on? If it's a Mac, is it on Yosemite?

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Mavericks 10.9.5.

So I spent hours last night messing with various settings (I found the APN settings in the end) - and I think I may have connected (certainly I could see some 'used' data racking up on my little dashboard).  But still no workable internet connection - I couldn't load an internet page or send an email.

Also now majorly unhappy - I bought a data package around this time yesterday on my dongle sim.  My account still isn't registering the purchase.  I'm enclosing the screen shot right now of account balance ZERO.  Plus the 'purchase confirmation' screen from last night.

How can this be?

(Attachments removed for security)

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @sara_scott

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Please make sure that you've downloaded the latest software from our Vodafone Mobile Broadband Software page. 

The first time you do this, it will ask you to uninstall your current version. Please click the option to do this and then download it again. 

Our Live help team will be able to look into your balance issue. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

I already reinstalled the software.  I rang the call centre for help with the credit issue...they said put the sim in a mobile phone for 5 mins and it should sort it out.  Sounds completely bogus to me - plus now I've got to find someone with a traditional mobile as all my family and friends are on smart phones with micro sims.  I am really really annoyed.

Hi @sara_scott

So we can take a look into this further, get in touch with our Live help team.

Cheers,

Laura