Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K4201-z drivers for Apple Yosemite

andyrose20
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can Vodaphone tell us when a driver will be available for the Vodaphone K4201-z broadband dongle for the new Apple OS Yosemite on a macbook pro.

Thanks

Andy

35 REPLIES 35

I'd advise Vodafone to put out a warning that the latest version of Vodafone Mobile Broadband doesn't work with OSX Yosemite (with K3805-Z modem in my case)

Not only does it not work, it completely crashes my MacBook Air.

Just bought the stick to use with my MAC running Yosemite and it just crashes, bought the stick as my old one stopped working and thought a new one would solve the problem. When will Vodafone fix this known problem ?

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @DaveW59,

It's not compatible at the moment unfortunately. You'll find any updates on this here

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi

This is becoming a real issue now, when will this device work with Yosemite !!!

A few days I accept but weeks now is plainly poor, I will be cancelleing my device if this is not sorted ASAP

This is a business tool, surely Vodaphone must realise that 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi dmd_wire

We’ve got no further information regarding this.

Thanks,

Gemma

This is ridiculous what you say no further information for a company like VODAFONE, i use two different sticks so two different modems and none of them work properly with Yosemite, before the update everything was just fine, and now my imac crash down the minute i connect the sticks please advise something about it immediately , it has been weeks now that i cannot connect to internet (by the way it works fine with win7-8 and other operating systems)

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@ArdaIS wrote:

please advise something about it immediately

Vodafone won't comment beyond what is already known publically, which is that there is no further information on this as advised by Gemma in the post above yours.  You're going to have to keep an eye on here for any updates on the drivers.

This is why it is important that you check the compatibility of your devices and the availbility of drivers prior to upgrading your operating system. 

PWIAC

The information on the Vodafone page linked hasn't been changed for months.

It doesn't say that Vodafone Software doesn't work with Yoesmite.

Earlier versions of the Vodafone Software worked with Mavericks - that is, you didn't need to run the latest version of Vodafone software with Mavericks.

At the least Vodafone should update their page telling people their software doesn't work with the latest release.

drey_p
It doesn't say it does work either....

PWIAC

Gemma

Sorry but your reply does not help, also it shows no concern for a user of a Vodaphone product that now does not work, while I understand some comments about not upgrading the Operating system, I had no choice, in my business we have to upgrade, it is now weeks since the Mac update, but Vodaphone have not even given an answer to even say they are looking to solve this issue, just they have no more information,

I have now have to purchase an alternative from another phone providor that does work, so for a company the size of Vodaphone, I am very disapointed with the care you show.