Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K4201-z drivers for Apple Yosemite

andyrose20
2: Seeker

Can Vodaphone tell us when a driver will be available for the Vodaphone K4201-z broadband dongle for the new Apple OS Yosemite on a macbook pro.

Thanks

Andy

35 REPLIES 35

What a load of rubbish !!!! Yosemite was released on the 6/10/2014 if Vodaphone were going to upgrade they would have done by now.

But to be still selling the device and not mentioning it will not work with a current Operating system stinks, 

I for one would not be wiilling to purchase anything from Vodaphone in future

Here are examples of what some responsible companies say if one of their products isn't supported:

Avid: "Yosemite is not supported at this time" 

AutoCAD: "Mac versions 2014 and earlier currently are not compatible with Mac OSX Yosemite (10.10)"

Parallels: "Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac and earlier versions do not support OS X Yosemite"

So these companies make it crystal clear to their customers what works and what doesn't work while Vodafone just let their customers guess if the lack of reference to a release means it is not supported, or if Vodafone just haven't updated their website with the latest information.

I'm sorry but best practice is making sure your systems are patched up to date. This is my approach both at home and at work.

I needed to obtain a mobile broadband work around as my regular service was down at my work site so I went online with live chat to Vodafone  and checked on what devices were available and whether they supported my MacBook, I was told that the device supported MacOS and yes I did specifically ask if 10.10 was supported. On that basis I spent my money. To then find it doesn't is not good, to then find the tone of the support staff on the forum is dismissive is more annoying and to then have you "helpfully stating a fact" where that fact is that echoing the tone of the support staff is as I suggested patronising. Your response does nothing to help. I now understand what Community Champion means, I had presumed it meant you were a spokesman for the community working on their behalf; other forums have a similar role where those people can escalate issues within the company.

Fortunately I no longer have to deal with Vodafone.

akramelnady

this is actually the most absurd and dereliction satiation i faced with such a Hugh corporate like yourself , i don't understand how the (Removed in line with House Rules) mechanism work in your company but am Unfortunately, a user of your service am facing that terrible problem that Unfortunately i bought the k4201-z usb modem and i am using yosemite operating system // what is the (Removed in line with House Rules) solution for that,, you already cost me money and worst as am disconnected using your products and service which is exactly the opposite of what you should do with your costumers // how come you don't have an upgrade for the OS X 10.10.1 , its been almost 5 month since the new OS been launched …/ i need an answer different than the one you always got which look for the latest irresponsibility we have in our (Removed in line with House Rules) system in this link .. shame shame shame we are in 2015 and you are a company with revenue of billions and you still can’t serve your costumer well

Hi @akramelnady 

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to see you feel this way. 

Unfortunately it's out of ours hands, and we have no further information to give you. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

It's out of your hands? This has been a problem for over half a year now. Put a warning on the store page saying that it's not compatable and you'll avoid all this annoyance.