Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K4505 on Windows XP x64 SP2

zatennisfan
Not applicable
Hi Forum

I have a customer trying to install a Vodafone K4505 3g usb modem on Windiws XP x64 SP 32 and is getting an error stating that the VMC installer requires administrator access to install. I've veririfed that the user account is an administrator on th elocal machine.

Anyone have any ideas as I'm stumped :)
4 REPLIES 4

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Zatennisfan,

This is very strange, as long as they are running the pc as administrator then they shouldn't have any issues, when they log on to the PC is there more than one profile available on the PC?

this is usually the customer, admin, guest?

If so then you would need to get into the admin log in.

If you can take a look at this and let me know how you get on we will see what we can find out for you.

James
eForum Team

I receive the same error message when I try to install the drivers of the K3770 in Windows XP x64 SP2 and so I assume the driver is not compatble with this version of Windows. Can someone please confirm this, or is there an update for the driver available to be used for Windows XP x64 ?

Regards

Bernard

Hey barney_5uk,

Great question! I have to be honest; I'm not sure on this one.

I've asked the question on your behalf and will come back to the thread when I've had a response.

Cheers,

Lee

Hey barney_5uk,

Thanks for your patience while I worked to get an answer for you.

I've had a word back and unfortunately Windows XP x64 is not officially supported by VMB and therefore there are no compatible drivers :Sad_face:

Sorry,

Lee