Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K4511 will not work unless logged on as administrator

Dave999
1: Seeker

Hi

Installed a 4511 (using the 10.2.302 Upgrade to take the software to 10.2.302.33178) as administrator.

The dongle works fine for the local administrator or a domain admin, but all the Power User can get is "mobile connection not possible"

It's definitely a rights issue, since I can log on as the user and use Run As Administrator to connect OK

We want to use these in the business and cannot give users admin rights.  Also we need to be able to install the software and device on a standard image for deployment via PXE in such a way that it works for any user

2 REPLIES 2

Dave999
1: Seeker

Follow up.  If I give the user admin rights, then install the software and device, it continues to work after rights are revoked.  However, if I copy that user profile to Default User in the hope that any subsequent user will be OK, it stops working again when someone else logs on.

We need to get this working so that we can take a PXE image for ongoing use where every user is able to use the dongle without further faffing about.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Dave999,

Many thanks for your post about the K4511.

I have to admit, this would appear to be more an issue with the set-up of the PC/network rather than the dongle.

Could you give me some more information about your OS, what software versions you are running on the PC, laptop or Mac?

Cheers,

Lee