Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MiFi

MJK43
2: Seeker

I currently have a really good vodafone pay monthly deal of £5/month for 500Mb data on a usb stick. It is about 3 years old - although the sim may be older from a previous vodafone device.

I'd like to switch to mifi instead. I've seen "Unlocked Wireless Modem Huawei R201 Vodafone MiFi"  on sale very reasonably. Will my vodafone sim simply work in this ?

If not, what is the best way of getting a similar priced package for data but using mifi instead of a stick please ?

Very grateful for advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MJK43,

Do you mean changing the dongle line from a mobile broadband contract to a Mi-Fi deal?

If you're not in contract any more, then you should be able to arrange this in store or by phone.

Dave

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MJK43,

The R201 is our old Mobile Wi-Fi device. You can find our latest ones and the plans available here.

In theory an unlocked R201 would work with your data SIM, but we don't generally provide them unlocked. Keep in mind the newer R206 can handle more connections and has better download speeds, whilst the R212 is a 4G ready version.

Dave

thank you.

Do I need to go into the store to effect this change ?

Regards
Michael

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MJK43,

Do you mean changing the dongle line from a mobile broadband contract to a Mi-Fi deal?

If you're not in contract any more, then you should be able to arrange this in store or by phone.

Dave

Thanks

stevenpritchard

i cannot topup my voda mifi. when i select topup by debit card my device stays on search like forever. very annoying, feel like throwing it. what should i do ?

Hi @stevenpritchard

Welcome to the eForum.

So we can take a look into this for you, get in touch with our Live help team.

Cheers,

Laura