Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mis-sold a mobile device . Nothing happening

Gill_
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I am in a similar situation as "strocky"  referred to in her message earlier.

In a nutshell I was cold called and the CS rep said he could give me an extra 2Gb of data to stop me going over my allowance. So far so good it seemed. After a hard sell I agreed but towards the end of his spiel I heard the mention of "the device" which I didn't understand, so he explained that I would be able to use the data with other tablets etc as well.

When it arrived, I soon realised the idea of using the device (a WIMI I think it's known as) was farcical, with a 5 to 6 hour battery life.

The device stayed in it's bag unopened so I attempted to phone 191 to cancel it under the 14 day distance selling agreement. It was a few days before I did manage to speak to someone from the returns department (he gave a fairly hard sell on why I could use it "in a caravan etc") and he agreed to send out an envelope to return it.

Some days latere and without the envelope I sent a recorded letter to Vodaphone at Newbury stating all the facts, and again cancelling he device. After another week and no reply from either source, I wrote another recorded letter stating everything once again. I gave them 14 days notice that I would progress the dispute to a higher level. I am now being charged monthly for a device I have not even opened. As a note of interest the data allowance I "received" was only 1 Gb, so I was even had there!!

I intended to contact the Ombudsman after the 14 days, but now see that I have to wait 8 weeks. Can anyone suggest how to proceed.

It may sound as though I am gullible, but I have more than a few years behind me, and, I am not too techie minded.

Regards

Gill

2 REPLIES 2

Michelle
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Gill_

We’ll be able to look into this for you.

As we need to access your account, contact us here.

Thanks

Michelle

Hi all

This is hopefully addressed at any person who genuinely would like to help me sort this unacceptable situation out.

My first post is still the situation, but now Vodaphone have taken two months charges for the item (which is still unopened, unused and unwanted on my unit here) and I had an offer from Michelle, on this forum, to help me. Her offer turned out to only send me round again in the endless loop through "contact us" That was where my real trouble originally occurred, as I think the whole Vodaphone customer support is designed to make everything that stops them making money as hard as possible. I did PM Michelle, but never received a reply.

I know I have to wait 8 weeks to contact the Ombudsman, but that is my next step, followed by recouping my losses and costs through the small claims court.

Before I resort to these measures can anybody sort this out for me please. And no offers to go via "contact us" please, I have had my fill of that.

Kind regards

Gill.